Crudcatcher actually cycling Sunday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited October 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning nobbers

Can't believe it but as I've got a couple of weeks break in the life sucking MBA I'm going cycling! Though it might be the gay type, as am going out with the local club for the first time. Not sure how I will last though as ran 7 miles, cut loads of wood and then did 60 miles on the single speed yesterday and therefore am knackered today.

After that more chainsaw action as I try to stock up the wood and maybe a walk and a late Sunday lunch out.

Right off for bacon (probably porridge actually)

Comments

• Morning homos,

Going to head out on the MTB for the 1st time since my off. Rather typically, the mist has just started to roll down off the mountain. Looks like it's going to clear pretty quickly though so I might have some brekky first.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning troops

finishing off yesterdays diy success! (well it is in my eyes!) today!

wales later tonight, blackpool tomorrow, its all fun in my life!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning ladyboys of crud,

Going to try to get out for a bit with the young un on board later. Missus wants a lazy day today so nothin exciting planned. Been out a few times since knacking my arm so I know I'll be fine. Shoulder is still a bit weak though.

No bacons in the house today so weekabix for me this am.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13 wrote:
    morning troops

I'm so very, very sorry.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    bg13 wrote:
    morning troops

I'm so very, very sorry.

appreciate the sympathy cat, sure it'll be a cracking night out!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Got some work to do today. Also neeed to get out on the bike.

First though, it's time for some breakfasts. Nomnomnom.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Well as promised I shook my life up a bit. Still a work in progress as I'm currently dealing with the fallout. Today promises to be difficult and tiring.
    Short term pain for long term.. Well not really gain, but at least happier and won't have to lie any more.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    edited October 2012
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Well as promised I shook my life up a bit. Still a work in progress as I'm currently dealing with the fallout. Today promises to be difficult and tiring.
    Short term pain for long term.. Well not really gain, but at least happier and won't have to lie any more.

Kisses
    FoxC
    All a bit cryptic. Spill the beans foxy, what have you done - is there another bloke in the ditch with his head pointing backwards?

Got a full English Lunch on the go then its round to see mate to escape from the other halves. He's got one of those expensive coffee machines so I think I'll be on a major caffeine fIx this afternoon. No bikes till tomorrow at least, but not bad for a grey Sunday :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Afternoon!
    Last night's Bury Night Light thing was pretty poor to be honest. They didn't do as good a show as the previous year apparently. The concert I was in was alright, we had about a thousand people watching us, and they seemed happy enough. It's killed my voice though, I sound like a radio that's losing signal every few minutes!

Today, lots of drink (non-alcoholic) to soothe the throat. Meant to be meeting a 'friend' in Manchester this evening, but really not feeling up to it to be honest.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    morning troops

I'm so very, very sorry.

appreciate the sympathy cat, sure it'll be a cracking night out!

I'm sure it will if you like getting aids.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I was supposed to be going out on my bike this morning. My dad then called me and told me he needed some help so I couldn't. I've fitted new bits though, so it wasn't a wasted day.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    matthew h wrote:
    did 60 miles on the single speed yesterday
    I hope to god you aren't going to breed.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    matthew h wrote:
    did 60 miles on the single speed yesterday
    I hope to god you aren't going to breed.

Too late
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Evenin' gropers

A weekend spent doing zero bike related. On the plus side, bacons did feature and a lot of hours were spent in Skunkworks building the new racer, in preperation for next season's hilarity. Three weekends of build down, only about another 300-400 hrs required......

Back on the bike tomorrow, even if it's just getting to work and back. Weather promises to be a bit naff. Kewl!

Onwards! To a cup of char! Then bed.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning

Kisses
    FoxC
    All a bit cryptic. Spill the beans foxy, what have you done - is there another bloke in the ditch with his head pointing backwards?
    Well... On Friday I drove to Preston to break up with TFN. Turns out he's one of these strong silent types with feelings and stuff. So it seems that I'd drastically underestimated him. We had a date today, it went well. So... I'm not sure but it's worth a try... Coz although a life of being a crazy cat lady sounds great, I'd rather share my crazy with someone.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    foxc_uk wrote:
    with feelings and stuff.
    That's just wierd.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]