has anybody claimed back
did you go through one of those company's advertised every where
was is easy to do
thanks
hates dog walkers

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I was apparently paying PPI on my current account, without any knowledge, for an unknown length of time. My bank realised this and told me to fill in a few forms and I should get it refunded.
    But, the "Ombudsman" reveiw thingy found that it was all totally above board, even though I was never made aware that such a facility even existed, let alone that I'd been paying for it.

So, that's another little bit of faith I've lost in humanity.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    has anybody claimed back
    did you go through one of those company's advertised every where
    was is easy to do
    thanks
    They do exactly what you can do yourself and take a chunk, effectively for posting on a form.
    Aimed at morons.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If you have questions about claiming it back, look at money saving expert webby thing, you'll find template letters and answers to all your questions.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... -insurance
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Has anybody claimed back?
    Yes, I did.
    Did you go through one of those companies advertised everywhere?
    No, I just called the company myself and answered a few questions. I didn't even have to fill in a form.
    Was is easy to do?
    See above. There are so many claims being made that the companies have it all squared away - if they make it trouble for you, they're making hassle for themselves too. So call the company that you think has missold you PPI and see what happens. I got about £5,000 back (Thirteen years of mortgage PPI + interest. Ironically, PPI is one of the best investments I've ever made)
    Thanks
    You're most welcome.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er