First 100 miler - Never thought Possible!

alpsguy
alpsguy Posts: 9
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
Finally cracked 100 miles today! If you told me 6 months ago I would be doing this I would have laughed a lot! Especially living where I do!

http://app.strava.com/rides/25564957

Started cycling this summer to loose some weight following a sudden realisation I had become fat! Am now completely hooked! Gave up the fags a month ago as well and really noticing the benefits now!

Thought I would be absolutely shattered but to excited to be tired! :D

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    congrats,thats some going and you must be buzzing.cant wait till i try it next summer.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Great route! no snow on the top of the Iseran yet? Fantastic achievement, somewhere I'd love to ride, been over it in car and of course on skis, but only a newbie to bikes. Do remember a lovely little cafe in Bonneval sur Arc many years ago.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Taking in a proper French Alp Col on your first 100 miler, that's nails that is, well done.
  • dodgy wrote:
    Taking in a proper French Alp Col on your first 100 miler, that's nails that is, well done.

Cheers! To be honest there isn't a lot of choice around here! I live bang in the middle of them all so can't go too far without hitting one. Was a little surprised (I actually mean terrified!) to find the far side of the Iseran averages 10% for 14km :shock: . I've always liked the signs they put at the bottom of cols out here until I read that one today! I'm going to avoid looking now!
    xscreamsuk wrote:
    Great route! no snow on the top of the Iseran yet? Fantastic achievement, somewhere I'd love to ride, been over it in car and of course on skis, but only a newbie to bikes. Do remember a lovely little cafe in Bonneval sur Arc many years ago.

There was a few patches in the shade. Had about 6" fall up there last Monday but luckily melted by today. Was one of the reasons I wanted to hit this today as not sure how much longer I'll have the chance before the winter :(
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    Congrats on the 100 miles. I would love to get there one day. You must be chuffed and very tired
  • AAG
    AAG Posts: 123
    Loads of respect mate, big up your self you deserve it.
    MTB- Cannondale SL2 2011
    Road- Saracen Sestriere now winter bike
    Road- Trek Domane 4.5 2013
  • jagx400
    jagx400 Posts: 132
    Did my first century last week, great feeling isnt it. Congratulations
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    good man, that's some climbing too, lots of respect for that.