Gorrick Autumn series

C0LL0
C0LL0 Posts: 271
edited November 2012 in XC and Enduro
Thinking of doing the these 2 rounds, I would like to ask if anyone has ridden them before and how tough are they, How do they compare to the thetford winter series??

any comment a great help

Comments

• JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    They are like a hilly version of Thetford. The single track is fairly similar with twisty trails through the trees, a few roots to catch you out. Nothing to technical, maybe a couple of drops, possibly a Thetford style bomb hole or two.

The races are shorter than the Thetford Winter Series, so the pace tends to be a bit quicker?

The venues Drain well, so mud tyres aren't needed.
  • evo3ben
    evo3ben Posts: 552
    Not going to be able to make these ones as they collide with the start of my cx season races. I need to complete 7/10 races which i can just do as well as squeezing in the Thetford winter series.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm thinking of giving these a go - I like the venues :D

Will be debuting the Santa Cruz which has just about recovered from the muddy-hell of the Mountain Mayhem last month!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • C0LL0
    Thats a shame Ben, I will be doing Thetford so catch up with you there if not before hand,

I think I'll do these 2 races, I've got a space in the diary, although Mrs C doesn't see it that way.

DEbuting the Santa Cruz Miss N, now do I go hard tail 29" or full suss 26"
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Some of the courses can be quite twisty and tight, which may not suit the 29er as much, saying that... they're far more popular than they were, you'd fit in!

I may do one or both of these, always good events.
  • sdminus
    sdminus Posts: 24
    We raced both last year. The courses were good and fun to ride the pace was high. i wouldnt say its anything like thetford. a lot steaper and more technical than thetford.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hmmm, can't seem to enter these yet! I assume they will be available nearer the time (and that i'm not the only person who can't enter yet :roll: )!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • njee20
    Nope I can't see them on the MBSA website yet either.
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    what dates are they..??
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • njee20
    14 Oct 12 2012 Autumn Classic 1 Tunnel Hill - West »
    Mytchett, Mytchett Place Road, Surrey

11 Nov 12 2012 Autumn Classic 2 Crowthorne Wood »
    Bracknell Road, Crowthorne, Berkshire
  • bigdawg
    cheers - I usually post from my phone and have trouble with a few sites - gorrick being one...

May look at doing the october race it can still be quite warm then!!

It always made me laugh in the past that we'd stand around at the end of the last summer race usually in september or early october talking about doing autumn and winter series - but come january, 5am on a sunday morning when its pitch black and barely reaching 1degree it suddenly seems a lot less apealing!

• C0LL0
    :-)
  • C0LL0
    Autumn series entry is now open, just entered both rounds
  • bigdawg
    im hoping to join you on this but at the moment Ive got laryngitis..!!

makes riding, let alone, training, quite painful... really frustrating

• njee20
    Sure you'll be reet in 6 weeks!
  • bigdawg
    bloody hope so - was planning on doing these and then itd only be 3 or 4 months before mud sweat and more mud ( :wink: ) started again in 2013..

• C0LL0
    Don't forget winter series !!!!!!!
  • bigdawg
    FFS Ive got Whooping cough!!!! Well 2 months ago when I first went to he doc I had it - How does a dr whos been advised that theres a whooping cough epedemic not know how to diagnose whooping cough??? Fortunately it would appear Im all but better, in a couple of weeks itll be gone totally but thats ridiculous.

Guess Im not doing pier pressure this weekend then... Not that Im not fit enough to do it but I dont want to pass it on to others

• C0LL0
    Loved the Gorrick race at the weekend, fantastic course, a great place to race and now looking forward to race 2.
  • njee20
    Yep I'm planning to do R2, the earlier Expert race, and then the 21 year birthday race in the afternoon!
  • bigdawg
    how'd you do??

Next race will be nothing but weather dependent...

• njee20
    I didn't do the first one, just couldn't be arsed with my non-existent fitness at the moment! Went out for 100 miles on the road instead.

Crowthorne is miserable in the wet, I hope it dries up a bit!
  • C0LL0
    26th out of 59 in the vets 3 lap race, my fastest lap was the last, just kept getting better but I suppose that's always the same on a different course, my 1st time at tunnel hill, might get to crowthorne earlier and do a couple of warm up laps.
  • C0LL0
    anybody ride crowthorne over the weekend ??
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Errrr, its wet at the moment. Very wet.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • C0LL0
    after riding in the wet Thetford race last weekend I'm not looking forward to doing it again this weekend
  • njee20
    Looks like the weather will be alright, Crowthorne's quite gritty, so it drains alright! I can't now go, which is annoying! Was looking forward to the birthday race!
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    I'm looking to do the Open race on Sunday. Going to rain Sat morning it says but should be fine after that, so shouldn't be toooo bad. Still, going to whack the Mud X on the back.
  • Just a heads up that due to some hard work by the team and the great drainage at the venue you won't need mud tyres if you're racing with us tomorrow. A dry, sunny day is forecast. Check the web site for a few race time changes due to our 20th anniversary.
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Hmmm wish I'd kept my mud tyre on for the race, wasn't sloppy but there were still quite a few bits where I had zero traction with the Racing Ralph, oh well, at least it didn't rain and had a pretty good result.
    Still, feel the atmosphere needs a little livening up at some of the Gorricks, there's nothing keeping people there after the race, I finished, caught my breathe and then went home. A bit of music or something wouldn't be bad.