Road Bike Mudguards

bianchibob
bianchibob Posts: 306
edited October 2012 in The cake stop
Hi all, I have a 2010 model Specialized Allez as my training bike, ans as a consequence will be using it during the winter months. I am fed up of getting spray off the wheels so I am considering fitting mudguards.
Question which are the best to fit, and has anyone done this and got a few tips ?

Comments

• ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    CrudCatchers will fit just about anything, although you may need to trim them a bit to fit under narrow brake calipers.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Has it got mounting points for them? SKS chromoplastic pretty much set the standard for road bikes with mount points. SKS race blades for those without!
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    rhext wrote:
    Has it got mounting points for them? SKS chromoplastic pretty much set the standard for road bikes with mount points. SKS race blades for those without!
    +1 for SKS.

Pretty much the best you can get
  • Thanks for that everyone, will investigate the SKS race blades, as the bike has no mounting points.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Put the SKS Raceblades -long on...DuSpa.jpg
    However, note I am using the rear stay mounts from my old SKS short version.... why?
    because, I switch wheels a lot and the QR mount clips would be a real pain... just be aware if you do the same.