de rosa carbon fibre

Neale1978
Neale1978 Posts: 484
edited October 2012 in Your road bikes
Had this for a few weeks now and its getting there :roll:

Nearly done apart from some pedals & shoes and then carbon wheels and cranks eventually and some of those skeleton brakes

de rosa r838 51cm, campagnolo group, zipp bars, stem and post, fulcrum wheels with michelin rubber etc

28cg6kx.jpg

Comments

• mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    looks good i like a de rosa. Might want to put a spirit level on that saddle though.
  • Neale1978
    Seats getting changed for an slr next week.. This ones ok under 20 miles or so haha
  • Different world with clipless pedals and shoes - make them next on your purchasing list!

I have one of the chinese versions of this frame (same as the Ribble stealth R838 too) and it's a mighty fine frame - nice and stiff and pretty light too.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    De Rosa. :D Nice bike. :D.
  • Neale1978
    edited October 2012
    Got a better picture of it earlier :roll:

Done around 100 miles so far and it does ride really well.. feels great. Fast thats for sure. The bb area is super good. The front end feels really sweet also. The veloce groupset is pretty good but the lever blades flex a tad too much for my liking and the shifts struggle slightly when you need the right gear fast at times.. It will do for now though
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Is the saddle one of those Tioga holey jobbies? How do you find it?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Neale1978
    edited October 2012
    Yeah the seat is a tioga spyder.. I ran it on a yeti 4x hardtail for over a year and it was great but tbh its not great on the de rosa so iam changing it this week. Its def not the best seat for a road bike
  • That's a bloody lovely looking bike!I'm thinking of getting the Ribble Stealth, are they actually the same frame? If so, how can they charge so much more?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    From what I've heard they are the same. The De Rosa is more because it says De Rosa on it basically. It does look lovely though
  • Neale1978
    I was told there are are different versions of the frame and forks even though they look the same from the outside.. Some are lighter than others so that could be it

cheers though.. Ive been doing some night time runs out recently with a new set of lezynes and its been sweet as a sweet
  • Ribble stealth, De Rosa R838, Xpace R838, carbon zone RB004....same geometry. The De rosa is even made in the far east by xpace

The carbon zone and Ribble are Toray 800 carbon and the De Rosa, if I remember rightly is Mizuno carbon and actually made by Xpace. I doubt you could tell the difference if all the frames where spec'ed with the same kit.

Can I suggest maybe looking at some Look pedals, I have some Carbon Keo Max's and they are superb.
  • Neale1978
    look keo max's do look good.. How are they for ease of clipping in/out?
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I have no problem with mine
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Neale1978
    cheers.. After checking out reviews etc i think iam set on getting some
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    If that was the De Rosa frame from ebay a while back, you beat me to it!! well done it looks the biz!!
  • Neale1978
    It was not from ebay although i did see the one that was for sale.. I actually asked the guy who had it about sizing before commiting to this one. I got it new for a heavily reduced price (£500 off) just because of the 2013 versions coming in, in early september :roll:

Put an slr seat on yesterday and the plums appreciate it
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Just got to sort out those pedals now the it will be sorted ;-)
  • Neale1978
    sure yeah.. next week hopefully