Canyon 2013 ... CMON!!!

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
anyone know when these are getting released, or put on the website with prices etc?

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    About a week ago someone said two weeks
  • ShutUpLegs
    Website is being updated tonight.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Takes about a week to update well it has for the last 2 years. I'm getting a semi waiting
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • frustrating isn't it, they've had no stock to sell me now for over 6 weeks......must be a sellers market
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    your impatience is amusing, guys ....
  • bickers
    bickers Posts: 68
    Poised with credit card ! :)
  • just saw the r5 vwd on wiggle for half price and buckled......no canyon for me!
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • ShutUpLegs
    Up & running!
  • New CF SLX range looks goooood.

From a purely aesthetic point of view, can't decide if I like that new seatpost look or not.

Been a while since I last looked at Canyon - is there still nowhere in the UK where you can see 'em in the flesh?
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • bickers
    Week 11 for delivery!!!
  • Nice but expensive - my 2012 cf slx 8.0 at £2139 now seems like a real bargain!
  • bickers wrote:
    Week 11 for delivery!!!

I was expecting ~Jan/Feb from what 'd read previously, but mid March! :cry:
    Still, I've waited this long already...

I'm not decided on the funky seatpost yet, but I'm not seeing where you add it as an option?
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    have they stopped selling frames?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • ShutUpLegs
    Seems to be price drops on the Aeroad range, £2199 with Sram Force & Ksyrium Elites looks good value.
  • mega9
    mega9 Posts: 41
    I should zoom in on the ultimate cf slx 7.0
    around the headset.
    I would expect a better finish for £2500
  • ClaudeH
    ClaudeH Posts: 78
    I am deciding between the Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 and 9.0. Seems only difference is Kysrium Elite versus Ksyrium SLR and £490.

I know the Elite's are a very well regarded mid-range wheel but is anyone able to compare the two?

Claude
  • I've got the Elites on my bike and they are a cracking wheelset.

Depends if you're willing to spend the extra dollars for a bit more bling really.

You could do a lot with the £500 saved, think a few days away for some quality time with you and bike :D

What's the difference between the Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 and the Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 ES, aside from a few quid?
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • ClaudeH
    ClaudeH Posts: 78
    I've got the Elites on my bike and they are a cracking wheelset.

Depends if you're willing to spend the extra dollars for a bit more bling really.

You could do a lot with the £500 saved, think a few days away for some quality time with you and bike :D

What's the difference between the Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 and the Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 ES, aside from a few quid?

I think you are right about the wheels. The 8.0ES is "Ergo Sport". As far as I can tell this has the new "shock absorber" seatpost, and more comfortable saddle and handlebar tape. Would be interesting to know what difference these will make to the ride.
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    dam, cheapest TT bike is 3.5k and no frameset only option .. will be chinese carbon for me!
  • Slack
    Slack Posts: 326
    No white coloured frame. Removed from short list!
    Plymouthsteve for councillor!!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Damn...thought the V Drome LTD came with the Reynolds wheels as pictured at £1389...but its an optional extra for another £800+
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    And the 2012 (bargains) have disappeared too. The Ultimate AL9.0 DI2 was available yesterday for £1600'ish and today it is £2000'ish with the only difference being the wheels are upgraded from today.
    That will teach me for waiting to see the 2013 range. :cry:
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Aeroad CF 9.0 Team seems to be the one to get, just got to have a look round the back of the sofa. Might be some bargains later in the year once Germany has to find the rest of the money to bail the rest of europe out.
  • bickers
    rando wrote:
    And the 2012 (bargains) have disappeared too. The Ultimate AL9.0 DI2 was available yesterday for £1600'ish and today it is £2000'ish with the only difference being the wheels are upgraded from today.

Same for me, i was torn between holding for the 2013 models or going for the 9.0 Pro - should have gone 2012!

Ive emailed to see if i can still order one as they were showing as in stock yesterday
  • ShutUpLegs
    The 2012 bikes will all start appearing in the 'outlet' but may be not at the sale prices....
  • rando
    bickers wrote:
    rando wrote:

Same for me, i was torn between holding for the 2013 models or going for the 9.0 Pro - should have gone 2012!

Ive emailed to see if i can still order one as they were showing as in stock yesterday

Would be interested in their reply then. I have looked in Express Bikes on the site but very few showing up.
    I was originally torn between the AL9.0 Di2 and the CF 9.0 as both were about the same price at one stage.
  • bickers
    I'll let you know what they say.

I had been all set to order but with the higher (expected) cost and the delivery time im looking back at my other options. I had a look at a Trek Madone 4.9 (last years model) with the Dura/Ultegra group - kit aside how would the frame stack up against the Ultimate CF SLX?
  • bickers
    Response was - "All 2012 models are now in the outlet" i looked there was 1 2012 bike and it was ex display. :(
  • rando
    bickers wrote:
    Response was - "All 2012 models are now in the outlet" i looked there was 1 2012 bike and it was ex display. :(
    Well that has knackerred it for a AL 9.0 DI2 for me then at a decent price.
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    Looks like they aren't as cheap and well specced in most cases and I'm happy that I've got myself a canyon at the sales month ago :P I'm (not)surprised that the speedmax cf starts at 3.5k which is quite a barrier to break if you want such a machine.. However, if it was specialized then it would cost twice as much anyway, so fair price for those with that budget :D