Routes around Minehead/ Williton

ol\'gregg
ol\'gregg Posts: 612
edited October 2012 in Routes
As the title says. my girlfriend has just got a job in Minehead and i go down there most weekends and i've just picked up my new bike and was hoping to get out on a few fairly easy rides to begin with around where she lives while she's busy marking school books so i don't have to hear the swearing.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just purchased some OS maps for the area but any help would be appreciated :D

Andy
gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth

Comments

• vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Go to Porlock and up the toll road, it's loverly
  • ol\'gregg
    vorsprung wrote:
    Go to Porlock and up the toll road, it's loverly
    Thanks :) I drove up that road 2 weekends ago was a nice scenic route. I had a little scout of the area when she moved down in August and there does seem to be alot about riding wise just wasn't sure where to start
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Minehead - Dunkery loop

This is the closest version I could find

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/269124

Personally I would do it anticlockwise.... there's a few variations on this, the run down from Dunkery Beacon is cracking, there is also a short route, which is a nice boulder strewn bit of single track, starts around the 13 k point on this map then cuts accross to just before Wootton Courtney, I think (if you have access to an OS map you will see what I mean) It's almost worth riding it down then riding back up to do Dunkery.

One of my favourites... oh and Porlock hill is 'character building' :wink:
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • ol\'gregg
    pilch wrote:
    Minehead - Dunkery loop

This is the closest version I could find

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/269124

Personally I would do it anticlockwise.... there's a few variations on this, the run down from Dunkery Beacon is cracking, there is also a short route, which is a nice boulder strewn bit of single track, starts around the 13 k point on this map then cuts accross to just before Wootton Courtney, I think (if you have access to an OS map you will see what I mean) It's almost worth riding it down then riding back up to do Dunkery.

One of my favourites... oh and Porlock hill is 'character building' :wink:

Thanks Pilch I will have a look at that next time i'm down there :)
  • You still looking for routes? What sort of level are you?
  • ol\'gregg
    Currently i'm lazy b*****d level. just getting back into the swing of things. Still looking for routes but nothing that will kill me :)