Lovefilm....rubbish.

dmclite-3.0
dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
edited October 2012 in The bottom bracket
Signed up for this, spent 2 days with lots of films buffering.......bit crap really. I have a Smasung tv, Virgin broadband (at least75Meg) and tried the PS3 route, just buffering all the time at all hours of the day.

Just whinging really, sniff. :|
I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

Comments

• Can't you download them?
  • I use it through the PS3 with a super download speed on 1.1mbp and we habe no buffering with it. We don't run it on HD though as I think that need 3mbp download speed min. The only thing I don't like is the lack of new titles to watch. The kids however love it.
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    I either use blinkbox and download them, cos that seems to buffer at times, or zune?? on xbox 360.....none of which answers your question, which wasn't in fact a question, just a whinge...:)
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Piratebay > Lovefilm
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    nathancom wrote:
    Piratebay > Lovefilm
    If your ISP will let you access it haha. (Yes, I know there are multiple ways around it..)
    I find the isohunt site much easier to navigate myself.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Looking at getting Netflix, tried Lovefilm and it was utter rubbish, plus they wouldn't stop ringing me, and they still spam my mail box. Tend to watch any documentaries on either Youtube or Alluc.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Lovefilm, pain in the neck. Turned down their 14 money back 'guarantee' and still haven't got a refund.
    Fukk 'em.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cancelled LoveFilm some time ago, streaming was horrid ended up just using the BluRay rental. Went with Netflix and was disappointed with the content however streaming was more reliable and better quality (quality was shockingly bad on LoveFilm)

Use a US unblock service to get the American version with a much larger library.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Bunneh wrote:
    Looking at getting Netflix, tried Lovefilm and it was utter rubbish, plus they wouldn't stop ringing me, and they still spam my mail box. Tend to watch any documentaries on either Youtube or Alluc.

I wouldn't bother with Netflix if I was you, it's sh*t. It's just full of old cr*p tv shows and films. We had it, then cancelled it.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I was with Tesco DVD rental.

From the 1st Aug this year, they transfered my account to Lovefilm (the films came from there anyway, so I didn't think it would make a difference). At the time of the swap, I was on an "account holiday" and so receiving no films.

They sent me an email to say that the holiday was coming to an end on Sat 22nd Sept and that "DVDs would soon be winging their way towards my door" :roll: Since then, NOTHING.

I checked my yesterday and it said I was on account holiday until 22nd, DUH! but that date has passed! So I 'manually' ended the holiday. I've written to them to ask why this was, but they don't even understand the question.

BTW. I've found I can now download films too since the switch. How big is a film? I'm wondering how many I can watch before my ISP starts getting arsey.

The older I get, the better I was.

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Capt Slog wrote:
    BTW. I've found I can now download films too since the switch. How big is a film? I'm wondering how many I can watch before my ISP starts getting arsey.
    I have been caught out by that and now allow 1Gb per film. They are less than that but I am playing safe.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Recently signed up to 3 months for the price of 1 on Lovefilm - had no buffering problems at all using PS3 and on BT Infinity. Tried Netflix - kids enjoyed it but there's bugger all content on it so wouldn't bother with again until they got more studios on board.
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I use Netflix - no buffering problems either on my PC or PS3 (virgin 30mb broadband).

Don't really use it for films though mostly for old TV series.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Bunneh wrote:

netflix is pants all the films on there are so old they are made of wood
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Bunneh wrote:

netflix is pants all the films on there are so old they are made of wood

Netflix is GREAT. If you connect your device via a USA DNS you will get the USA Version of Netflix which is 100 times better then the UK version
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Got lovefilm on Samsung smart tv and ps3 and no buffering at all. HD streaming looks great.
    Films get sent really quickly through the post and not had any problems whatsoever. Got 8meg broadband.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Plenty of Netflix adverts between posts
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Let's see if we get an Anne Summers advert instead! :D I can't see any adverts, odd :P
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Bunneh wrote:
    Let's see if we get an Anne Summers advert instead! :D I can't see any adverts, odd :P

I seem to get advert banners inbetween the posts and yesterday it was netflix.