Buyer Beware

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited October 2012 in The hub
On my training ride today I met a lad who I see regulary out on his MTB we always ride along and have a chat about the usual rubbish blokes talk about.

Well today he had a new bike an Italian carbon fibre racer dripping in Campagnolo parts. "Wow" says I "what a bike" "yes" says the proud owner "only the 2nd ride out". "How much" says I, "£200", "pardon I thought you said £200 you mean £2000", "no £200 I bought it 2nd hand". I had to gently tell him that you generally dont buy nearly new £2000+ racers in pub carparks and in my opinion it was so hot he should wear oven gloves to ride it. Not a happy bunny and going by his mutterings I imagine some cheerful little scamp will be picking his teeth up with a broken hand very soon :lol:

The moral of the story if it looks to good then its generally stolen.

Moral of the story for bike thieving pikey bastard chav scumbags, dont sell bikes to nice but slightly dim lads who play Rugby because him and his team mates are going to pop round for a chat and beat the crap out of you. Personally if it was my bike you had nicked I would chop your hands off but thats just me. Other people might be a bit more violent.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeah right, cheap bike in pub carpark and he 'didn't' figure it was stolen. Does he believe in invisible fluffy pink bunnies as well?
    People who buy stolen sh1t should be treated the same as people who steal it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    cooldad wrote:
    Yeah right, cheap bike in pub carpark and he 'didn't' figure it was stolen. Does he believe in invisible fluffy pink bunnies as well?

That include those that just genuinely didn't know as it wasn't being sold at some absurd price.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    To be fair to the lad he was genuinely shocked but then he genuinely isnt the brightest bulb in the box.

Plus how many people who arent keen cyclists would actually know what a bike costs perhaps to him £200 was a hell of a lot for a bike and I very much doubt he would know that a Campag Record gruppo costs about the same as tidy little car
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Briggo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

That include those that just genuinely didn't know as it wasn't being sold at some absurd price.

No but buying ultra cheap stuff in the pub is different. If he's that stupid he should be in care anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools