Which Cycling charity/org is most deserving of support & why

jay197
jay197 Posts: 196
edited October 2012 in Campaign
Hi everyone,

Which Cycling Charity/Organisation in your opinion is most deserving of supporting financially and why?

I need help choosing which Cycling charity/org I should support from the proceeds of my new company?

I know British Cycling and the CTC do an awful lot of work and lobbying on our behalf, but I just wondered if there was any other similar Cycle charities/orgs that you know about which you feel deserve our support also.

It is important for me to make the right choice, as I have decided that 50% of the profits of the new company should go to charity, so I really would appreciate your input on this.

Thanks in advance,

Jay.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    If you're looking purely at organisations that lobby for cyclists rights then I'd say CTC out of those two as they do more campaigning and are a registered charity and I suspect BC get more funding from external sources due to being the official governing body. Not purely cycling but Sustrans might be worth considering too.
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    Depending upon where your cycling interests lie, I would also consider the Dave Rayner Fund.

This provides support for young riders to gain invaluable experience of racing abroad, and has been behind the success of many, now well-known, stars.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    giropaul wrote:
    Depending upon where your cycling interests lie, I would also consider the Dave Rayner Fund.

This provides support for young riders to gain invaluable experience of racing abroad, and has been behind the success of many, now well-known, stars.

Good suggestion, I think we sometimes forget about this fund and the top riders it has helped with so many now coming through the BC system and yet even now the fund is helping those who miss out on / don't fit in with the BC system. I think Adam Blthye started racing in Belgium via the fund.
  • jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    giropaul wrote:

I will look into that as I have never heard of them before, thanks Paul.

This is why I started this thread as my knowledge of all the many hard working "behind the scenes" charities and orgs is quite limited at the moment.

Regards,

Jay.