Bryton 50 upgrade to HD cycle routes query

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited October 2012 in Road general
Not sure if there might be any Bryton 50 GPS users out there but I've seen they are offering a free upgrade of HD Cycle Routes which apparently include off road trails.

I currently use the device mainly on roads, but wouldn't mind taking it off road with the MTB from time to time....

Has anyone tried this upgrade, and does anyone know if upgrading to these maps delete the maps previously loaded onto the device (I thought you could only have one set of maps on it, and potentially have to re-purchase those that might get deleted or replaced)?

cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• Just take the card out and back up the files on it first, then do your upgrade. Althought you should have CD in the box with the orginal map files included.
    Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
    Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
    "I brake for cake!"
  • luv2ride
    Shuttle Cock - assuming you've also got a Bryton, have you upgraded yours with the cycle routes? I do have the HD street maps on a DVD but they wouldn't upload to the device when I tried to first set it up a week or so ago. It's a new purchase and I'm still feeling my way around it to TBH...any advice gratefully received!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    oops! damn predictive text on the iPad!!
    sorry Shuttle Cock :shock: :oops:
  • luv2ride
    don't believe this! checked last post twice before posting
    apologies again :shock:
  • luv2ride
    Now upgraded after finding some additional guidance online. Can confirm the upgrade sits alongside the existing HD map with additional cycle routes and off road routes. This now allows the unit to continue tracking across a footbridge I regularly use to link two rural roads, which previously used to send the unit into a bit of tizzy as it tried to find the best route on the road network.
    Seems to be quite an improvement...