sram sx5 shifter jammed

mac-cos
mac-cos Posts: 80
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
My month old SRAM SX5 shifter has jammed , wont pull or release any cable even when disconnected from rear mech. Taking it to the dealer to sort as its under warrenty but Is this a sign of things to come with this spec SRAM kit? it hasnt been subjected to abuse /endo'd so rather miffed its failed after limited use.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nope.

and what were you doing to cause it to jam? was it on or off the bike?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Parked up after a short ride when it was working fine. Tried to use it this am and it wouldn't shift up or down. Its clean , never been buried in mud or water just no more clicks up or down :/
  • mac-cos
    mac-cos Posts: 80
    Fixed by my LBS . apparently according to the tech its a common feature for sram shifters to get jammed if they've been clicked to release cable (accidentally) when the wheel isnt rotating/rear mech cant move as the slack cable can then get tangled in the shifter and when clicked again jam and sometimes bugger the internals. Mine just needed untangling and a new inner cable fitted.. I probably knocked the shifter when storing the bike after the last ride.