PX Neoprene overshoes

yeachan153
yeachan153 Posts: 401
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
How does the PX neoprene overshoes stack up? They are going at £9.99 right now - anyone have have them?

Comments

• I bought a pair last year. Use them on my commute, keeps most rain and road spray off my shoes. Haven't tried anything more expensive (better?) but do the job for me.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    0/10 in the style stakes, but 10/10 in keeping your feet warm and dry
  • nik6158
    nik6158 Posts: 32
    i bought a pair last year after my aldi ones fell apart found them to be great value for money.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Ok for the money - not the most secure velcro fastening and have also caused some 'rub' damage on the material lining on the heel of my cycling shoes. Have proved harder wearing than some Santini overshoes that I bought for £35 though.

Do the job but no doubt there are better out there (for more money).
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Wiggle were selling Pro neoprene and other overshoes recently at half price making them about £17. Top quality overshoes IME. Dunno if they're as cheap now though.
    More problems but still living....
  • they look a bit bulky - a bit like ugg boots but they are brilliantly warm.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'd say they're worth a punt for a tenner. Will keep your feet warm and the worst of the muck off your shoes. I think I paid £19.99 for mine, but got a set of lights with them as well, which I sold on eBay bringing the cost down to about a tenner.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I got them in a winter bundle last year. Gave the lights to my son and the hat remains unworn in the drawer. The overshoes have proved to be pretty good; extremely warm when used in conjunction with Woolie Boolie socks, and although not waterproof they do keep out most of the road muck.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    I got some a few weeks ago and they are just the trick for keeping your feet warm and relatively dry unless its hosing it down for hours at a time. For a tenner I don't think you can go wrong.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Theyve lasted longer than my more expensive Endura ones. I wouldnt bother with any more expensive ones.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    My set of PX overshoes are about to start their third winter, best things I ever bought. I use them on and off road and have never had wet feet, even in hail storms.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    unixnerd wrote:
    My set of PX overshoes are about to start their third winter, best things I ever bought. I use them on and off road and have never had wet feet, even in hail storms.

Ah you got the magic ones then, not the standard overshoes with holes in them that let the water in.
    More problems but still living....
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    As above... great value for money and about to get their third winter wearing.

They work well and are warm and dry. As other people have stated, if it's chucking it down, then water will eventually gets in from the top... I assume this is unavoidable on all or at least most overshoes.

They are not the most attractive of overshoes mind you... but great for £10. I can also recommend their winter gloves, that you get in the winter deal package... although the gloves are not quite up to sub zero temperatures.
    Simon