A cycle pump to attach on the top bar of my bike

snaphappyspen
snaphappyspen Posts: 179
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi

As i have 2 bottle cages in the normal spots on my bike, i have been looking for a pump i can attach to my top bar safely without fear of it falling out as i go over bumps.

Any suggestions?
Bike - Scott Aspect 45
Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013

Comments

• Zip tie under the downtube
  • freezing77 wrote:
    Zip tie under the downtube

That thought has crossed my mind, i was wondering if there was anything out there that has a mount sturdy enough to deal with it being placed upside down so to speak.
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • don't understand why having two bottle cages precludes you from having a pump, my Lezyne road drive mounts fit under the bottle cage? It's also the best mini pump for road bikes IMO

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-road-dri ... -abs-pump/
  • don't understand why having two bottle cages precludes you from having a pump, my Lezyne road drive mounts fit under the bottle cage? It's also the best mini pump for road bikes IMO

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-road-dri ... -abs-pump/

The reason being im currently using a cheap £6 wilko one and was just looking to see what was out there, if there is one that fits its great!
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Find co2 much less hassle than a pump...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    In the olden days we'd all have frame pumps under the top tube - but that needs a brazing on the frame for security.
    Get the lezyne pump for your waterbottle cage.

Co2 is expensive and no use if you get multiple flats.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My Topeak Road Morph comes with a mounting bracket that has a velcro strap which holds the pump securely. I have it on the seat-tube where it takes the place of a bottle cage, but it also came with cable ties for mounting beneath the top tube, which is an option I might use next summer as I think I'll be needing 2 bottles. Topeak do a pretty good range of spares so you might be able to buy the bracket separately
  • I have heard the Lezyne being mentioned before, i think i will go for that. Reason being (and not so suprisingly) the one from Wilkos is pretty poor, the mounting for it is poor. Thanks all for your advice!
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • won't regret it, it's the dogs! Not cheap mind but as I tell the wife, buy cheap - buy twice :wink: