Gilbert's Fashion Sense

ginsterdrz
ginsterdrz Posts: 128
edited October 2012 in Pro race
No wonder he crashed. If you watch in slo-mo, you can just see several pixies sent by the fashion police pushing his front wheel sideways.

Explosion in a paint factory.

Cav looked classier in the jersey.

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Like the helmet. Needs black shorts.
  • Pics?
  • bettiniphoto_0123109_1_full_600.jpg

Looks fine to me, apart from the shoes. But I'm sure DMT will have some World Champ shoes sorted for next season.

And let's not forget, Cavendish turned up at Paris Tours in 2011 in this kit.

mark-cavendish-world-champion.jpg

I mean come on, bands really should go all the way round!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    {Picture]

Looks fine to me, apart from the shoes. But I'm sure DMT will have some World Champ shoes sorted for next season.

And let's not forget, Cavendish turned up at Paris Tours in 2011 in this kit.

{Picture}

I mean come on, bands really should go all the way round!

A minor error for Cav there. To be fair to him, all this year he has looked very well turned out. Nothing in the gimmick department - just the retro cap.

Gilbert seems to have gone big early and I doubt it'll get toned down too much.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Gilbert can wear anything he wants as long as he keeps the stripes on his bike. Looks well cool.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    just the retro cap.

MarkCavendish_2739568.jpg

Just reminds me of this...

article-1319049-0B7A67FA000005DC-697_224x423.jpg
  • Forget his WC jersey, I think the fashion police should have arrested Gilbert for his wedding suit.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • and his missus new haircut
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • thomthom
    and his missus new haircut

Can I be the one to frisk her?
  • Gilbert tweeted out a pic of some WC shoes on Friday and Hincapie sportswear tweeted out a pic of Gilbert in white shorts so I'm not sure why he didn't wear them. Perhaps the kit was knocked up quickly for pics and wasn't actually useable. The kit is made in Columbia so the four day lead time was probably too short to make race spec kit.

AL
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Have you considered the fact that it was raining?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Pozzi
    Pozzi Posts: 23
    and his missus new haircut

She was a beautiful woman, but I can't understand how any human being could want to look like she does now. Much worse than a drag queen!

From this classy look:

filip_06.jpg

To this poor look
    tumblr_lurtdukWWK1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

Now it is getting scary
    2012_tour_de_france_stage2_vise_philippe_gilbert_wife3a.jpg
  • thomthom
    Nah, she's still hot. Roxette or no Roxette.
  • It all looks a bit brother and sistery in that middle pic.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • 8033701945_bd4f27ab41_h.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pozzi
    Pozzi Posts: 23
    It all looks a bit brother and sistery in that middle pic.

Exactly what I was thinking too, although Gilbert may be the prettier of the two :)
  • If she was my sister I think I might give incest a try!
  • 8033701945_bd4f27ab41_h.jpg[/quote

David Brent is alive and well and living in Monaco...
  • God I wish I'd had access to graphics like that (on the bike) in 89/90! Best I could do was a Union Jack sticker and a piece of Bike Ribbon tape with the rainbow bands!
  • Something just dawned on me... as PG crashed out, he should therefore either have gone into the ambulance, the 'soigneur's' car, or the broom-wagon... someone is bound to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain a rider isn't allowed into the team-car at any stage during the race... anyone care to delve into the UCI regulations?
  • 8033701945_bd4f27ab41_h.jpg[/quote

David Brent is alive and well and living in Monaco...

The down side of becoming WC, a hatful of promotional appearances, mostly in what has to be said are rather gay, euro poses.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • esafosfina wrote:
    God I wish I'd had access to graphics like that (on the bike) in 89/90! Best I could do was a Union Jack sticker and a piece of Bike Ribbon tape with the rainbow bands!

What was it you won that merited those stripes?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Duplicate
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    esafosfina wrote:
    God I wish I'd had access to graphics like that (on the bike) in 89/90! Best I could do was a Union Jack sticker and a piece of Bike Ribbon tape with the rainbow bands!

Thought that we had been given enough clues last time round - even I managed to find him with a bit of googling.
  • esafosfina wrote:

A World track title.

I had a pair of gloves at that time with the Rainbow colours on....wore them riding the Raleigh Scorpio bought with my first wage packet from my first summer job.

Little did I know I'd be judged so harshly by cyclists who had achieved nothing.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    esafosfina wrote:

He was World Pursuit Champion. Are you the only one who doesn't know who he is? I realise you are too young to remember it first hand.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Well only knew something about it when that thread 'esafosfina..' was started. Google'd a little and think I worked out the name. It has slipped my mind though and didn't check the palmares at the time.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95 wrote:
    esafosfina wrote:

He was World Pursuit Champion. Are you the only one who doesn't know who he is?
    I realise you are too young to remember it first hand

Oh God! Now I really do feel old! (I'm only 43 btw! :D )
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    esafosfina wrote:
    Something just dawned on me... as PG crashed out, he should therefore either have gone into the ambulance, the 'soigneur's' car, or the broom-wagon... someone is bound to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain a rider isn't allowed into the team-car at any stage during the race... anyone care to delve into the UCI regulations?
    Don't know what the official regulations say, but it's fairly common even in GTs to see riders climbing off into the team car. If it is still on the books then I'm sure we'll suddenly see the UCI decide to randomly enforce it and penalise a team with a GC contender when one of their domestiques climbs off into the team car during a GT!.
  • esafosfina wrote:
    Oh God! Now I really do feel old! (I'm only 43 btw! :D )

It's OK, FF is only 7 years old. :wink: