The Road to Glory

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Apologies if there's already a thread on this, I CBA searching.

Just finished watching this 5 episode documentary and must confess to feeling very disappointed. No where near enough proper behind the scenes footage for my taste, and the interviews were far too guarded. It's ended up being a reflection of how Sky ride, controlled and boring.

Was interesting see how Cav behaves in the team though - complete prima donna. Poor Bernie.

What did the rest of you think?

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Thanks. Mods please delete this and I'll copy post to original thread.
  • Thought the same thing. Heres what i took from it.

Cavs a proper prima donna and ok over the last 500m but average as a rider on anything other than a flat course.
    Dave Brailsford is a f*cking legend.
    Wiggo is cool as ice.
    Froome looks like the one off Beavis and Butthead.
    That the domestiques should be paid double.
    That Geraint Thomas is a complete f*cking tjt.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,481
    greentea wrote:
    Thought the same thing. Heres what i took from it.

Cavs a proper prima donna and ok over the last 500m but average as a rider on anything other than a flat course.
    Wiggo is cool as ice.

So top sprinter is only really good over the last 500m but only average on anything over than a flat course - that's unusual in a top sprinter!

Why did you get that Geraint is a 'complete f*cking tjt'?
  • greentea wrote:

Wiggo is cool as ice.

David Brent you mean?

Full of management BS and according to people at BC, been absent for most of the year. Olympic year. Interferes with team tactics and seen by the team as a handicap to have at races.

Screwed Cav over

All the signs of a good chief exec I suppose. Takes plenty of credit for his teams results and makes sure no one coach gets too much success by getting rid of anyone seen as too good.
  • greentea wrote:

Wiggo is cool as ice.
    And greentea is a bigger tit I guess
  • greentea wrote:

Wiggo is cool as ice.

David Brent you mean?

Full of management BS and according to people at BC, been absent for most of the year. Olympic year. Interferes with team tactics and seen by the team as a handicap to have at races.

Screwed Cav over

All the signs of a good chief exec I suppose. Takes plenty of credit for his teams results and makes sure no one coach gets too much success by getting rid of anyone seen as too good.

Do you mean the guy whose team won TDF 1st, TDF 2nd also won a few sprints including Champs Elysee, also some other shorter tours such as Romanie or Norway or Dauphine? guy whose track team won vast amount of medals and a guy whose rider won olympic TT.

Sure a couple of balls ups such as Olympic road race but heh 99% is pretty good.

As for Cav... if he hadn't fallen over . got caught up in crashes so much in this year's tour then he would have had incredible success and even taking this into account had a reasonable tour.....oh and the £2m quid salary must have eased the pain.
  • I love having a pop at Cav on here, i do it when im bored :D its just funny to listen to you lot who worship the ground he pedals on.

If he killed your children, sh@gged your Mrs, wiped his c0ck on your curtains you'd still doff your caps and curtsey.

Hilarious! :lol:
  • greentea wrote:
    I love having a pop at Cav on here, i do it when im bored :D its just funny to listen to you lot who worship the ground he pedals on.

If he killed your children, sh@gged your Mrs, wiped his c0ck on your curtains you'd still doff your caps and curtsey.

I'd have venetian blinds fitted so that wouldn't be an issue.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    greentea wrote:
    I love having a pop at Cav on here, i do it when im bored :D its just funny to listen to you lot who worship the ground he pedals on.

I'd have venetian blinds fitted so that wouldn't be an issue.

If Cav manages to sh@g my Mrs he will have earned every penny of that two million quid. (He's got no chance - he can't climb.)
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg