The Russian timetable conundrum

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,330
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
Russia is so big it has 8 time zones. 8 time zones !! (never mind the distance between Wyre Piddle and Waterley Bottoms MattC). This is causing a bit polava (or should I say Pavlova) currently in Russia.

After trying fruitlessly to figure out the plus 1 or minus 1 conundrum, I totally flumoxed myself. Then I thought about Einstein and now I am left like Dreyfus.

If I get on the train at 6am on the most Western point in Russia and then travelled through all 8 time zones at the speed of light to Vladivostock, what time would I arrive at ?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Ask Svlutlana :?:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    :D.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Is it a diesel train?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Russia is so big it has 8 time zones. 8 time zones !! (never mind the distance between Wyre Piddle and Waterley Bottoms MattC). This is causing a bit polava (or should I say Pavlova) currently in Russia.

After trying fruitlessly to figure out the plus 1 or minus 1 conundrum, I totally flumoxed myself. Then I thought about Einstein and now I am left like Dreyfus.

If I get on the train at 6am on the most Western point in Russia and then travelled through all 8 time zones at the speed of light to Vladivostock, what time would I arrive at ?

Time Zone is irrelevant, it doesn't matter where you are in Russia the train is on Moscow time, which means despite it being teatime, your breakfast is now ready.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    are you facing forwards or backwards?
  • Vino2007 might know.

Ooh, is there a drinks cariage on the train ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    nwallace wrote:

Time Zone is irrelevant, it doesn't matter where you are in Russia the train is on Moscow time, which means despite it being teatime, your breakfast is now ready.

Pretty sure this man is right.