New, overweight, getting new bike help !!!

Paulaann1969
Paulaann1969 Posts: 2
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello everyone I'm new to cycling, need ur help urgently please!!! Firstly love bike radar such an informative site! Any way next wk I intend to spend £400 on a spanking new bike for meeeee omg soooo excited :D anyway please help! I want a mountain bike, I've done quite a bit of research over last 2 months! I'm 5ft 3 and unfortunately 18 stone :( but working on it! It's a start! I need a bike to get this weight off! Soooooo this is where I need u!!! I like the carrer centos,carrer vengeance ladies, carrera kraken and the voodoo Bantu, all halfords and the diamond back reaction sport! Which is best for my weight and hold up on me! I've heard the carrera kraken is great please help! Thanku xxxxx

Comments

• Hi, welcome to the forum!

See viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12875967 for reccomendations.

Great way to get fit and you'll love it 8)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Of those, the Bantu, definitely not the Centos.

Also look at at the Rockriders from Decathlon.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I believe you can pick up a Voodoo Hoodoo for about £435 - great bike for the price.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • Mark909
    Mark909 Posts: 456
    Its brilliant to hear that you're making changes towards a healthier lifestyle.

Have you heard of the NHS couch to 5k training plan? It's a running plan to get you moving. A brilliant way to loose weight would be to mix this up with your bike riding. Running...Yes I know I know but give it a go I'm sure you'll be surprised!

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/get-running-with-couch-to-5k.aspx