Favourite film quote

jawooga
jawooga Posts: 530
edited November 2012 in The bottom bracket
Inspired to write this after seeing that Carlito's Way is on telly tonight. If you've not seen it, watch it. I just love Al Pacino's court speech:

Your Honour with all due respect, past and present, and without further to-do. Let me assure this court that I am through walkin’ on the wild side. That’s all I’ve been tryin’ to tell you. I have been sick with the social ills known in the ghetto. But my time in the sterling correction facilities of Green Haven and Sing Sing have not been in vain. I’ve been cured! Born again, like the Watergaters. I know you heard this rap before. Your Honour, I mean it. This is the truth. I changed. I changed, and it didn’t take no thirty years like Your Honour thought, but only five. That’s right, sir, five years. And look at me. Completely rehabilitated, reinvigorated, reassimilated and finally going to be relocated, and I want to thank a lot of people for that. I look over there and I see that man there, Mr Norwalk. I want to thank you, sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank the Court Of Appeals, for reversing you, Your Honour. And I want to thank Almighty God without whom no case gets tossed.

But perhaps is still beaten by Forest Gump

...I was running!

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    The good the Bad and the Ugly, Eli Wallach tied up outside the Sherriffs office:

"One ba$tard goes in and a whole load of ba$tards come out"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 1970 Kelly's Heroes

Oddball: This engine's been modified by our mechanical genius here, Moriarty. Right?
    Moriarty: Whatever you say, babe.
    [giggles]
    Oddball: These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.
    Kelly: [looking skeptical] Got any other secret weapons?
    Oddball: Well, yeah, man, you see, like, all the tanks we come up against are bigger and better than ours, so all we can hope to do is, like, scare 'em away, y'know. This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece of pipe onto it, and the Krauts think, like, maybe it's a 90mm. We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint. When we fire it, it makes... pretty pictures. Scares the hell outta people! We have a loudspeaker here, and when we go into battle we play music, very loud. It kind of... calms us down.
  • The Ors
    The Ors Posts: 130
    Office Space - Michael Bolton

"PC LOAD LETTER? What the f**k does that mean?"
  • Gumshoe

So you couldn't Iend us a couple of quid, eh?

I'm on the dole, you bum! You absolute Scotch bum!
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Kenneth Branaghs 'Hamlet"

Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • neddie
    neddie Posts: 101
    Snatch

No thanks Turkish I'm sweet enough!
    Boardman Comp.

Norco Fluid
  • jawooga
    Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.
    Detroit!?!...... What the hell's Nordberg doing in Detroit?
  • The Blues Brothers
    Many great quotes but these are my favourite. 8)

Elwood: We're on a mission from God.

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Jake: Hit it.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Trainspotting was full of classic lines... but this one:

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f*cking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any f*cking difference!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Jack Nicholson
    'What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but you're that pissed that so many others had it good'.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'll go for that scene in Spinal Tap, where the band meet their nemesis in the foyer of the hotel and do the glad-handing high-fives then bad-mouth them as they leave:
    "Heck they were so bad the crowd were still booing when we came on".
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Restless Natives -

"Do you accept credit cards?" (cracks me up to even think about it)

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt!"
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,382
    Goodfellas opening voiceover by Henry (Ray Liotta):

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster. To me, being a gangster was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the cabstand for an afterschool job I knew I wanted to be a part of them. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in the neighborhood that was full of nobodies. They weren’t like anybody else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They double parked in front of a hydrant and nobody ever game them a ticket. In the summer when they played cards all night, nobody ever called the cops. Tuddy Cicero. Tuddy. Tuddy ran the cabstand in La Bella Vista Pizzeria and a few other places for his brother Paul who was the boss over everybody in the neighborhood. Paulie might have moved slow, but it was only because he didn’t have to move for anybody.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Sidney Poitier: In the heat of the night to Rod Steiger.

"I'm a policer officer".

Also James Cagney: White heat,

"Top of the world mama".

Nicholson: A few good man

"You can't handle the truth".
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Liam Neesun - `Taken` :

"I don`t know who you are: I don`t know what you want. If you are looking for a ransom, I can tell you I don`t have any money, but what I do have is a very particular set of skills, skills that make me a nighmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don`t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you"
  • You're all going to die, The Crow.

Hey, yo its Whiteboy day, True Romance.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • From my favourite movie of all time................Jaws.

The infamous Indianapolis scene spoken by Quint.

Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail fin. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark will go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • JLM74
    JLM74 Posts: 108
    Having seen Full Metal Jacket again the other day, several things uttered by this man:

gunnery-sergeant-hartman-pointing.jpg
  • jawooga
    CiB wrote:
    I'll go for that scene in Spinal Tap, where the band meet their nemesis in the foyer of the hotel and do the glad-handing high-fives then bad-mouth them as they leave:
    "Heck they were so bad the crowd were still booing when we came on".

"Liiiaam..."

"Ian!"
  • withnail-and-i-middle-of-the-night.jpg

"MONTY YOU TERRIBLE CUNT"
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Just remembered this from one of my favourite films "The family way"

John Mills to Hywell Bennett.

"You might laugh at life now lad, but one day it'll make you bloody cry".
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Dodgeball- a mine of quotes,my favourite

Cotton McKnight: Let me tell you, a double-fault final-play elimination hasn't occurred since the Helsinki episode of 1919, and I think we all remember how THAT turned out!
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Either Clint Eastwood in 'Dirty Harry' :
    "I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

or Arnie in 'The Terminator':
    "I'll be back."
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Pulp Fiction
    Jules: You read the Bible, Brett?
    Brett: [in spasm] Yes.
    Jules: Well there's this passage I got memorized, Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
    [Jules and Vincent then both empty their guns at the same time onto Brett]

Uncle Buck
    : "I'm Buck Melanoma. Moley Russell's wart. Not her wart. Not her wart! I'm... I'm the wart. She's my tumor. My... my growth. My... uh, my pimple. I'm Uncle Wart. Just old Buck "Wart" Russell. That's what they call me, or Melanoma Head. They'll call me that. "Melanoma Head's coming." I'm the uncle! Maisy Russell's uncle!" -Buck
  • Anchorman

Brick Tamland - yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire and I killed a guy with a trident!

Champ King - I will smash your face into a car windshield, and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again

Ron Burgandy - what? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you are the whole....wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; thats amazing, how 'bout we get you in your p.j's and we hit the hay?
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
    Frenchman: You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called Ah-thoor Keeng, you and all your silly English K-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-niggits! [makes taunting gestures at them]
    Sir Galahad: What a strange person.
    King Arthur: Now, look here, my good man--
    Frenchman: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    Sir Galahad: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?
    Frenchman: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
  • The final act in the court room scene of a few good men-Jack Nicholson-"You can`t handle the truth"
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    "You don't like Beethoven" - Gary Oldman in Leon

"Now, our operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for aggressive expansion. So, which one of you fine gentlemen would like to join our teeeam?" - Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight
  • JLM74
    JLM74 Posts: 108
    mfin wrote:
    "You don't like Beethoven" - Gary Oldman in Leon

I always liked this one: http://youtu.be/JB_deAcoC2I
  • The whole scene in Full Metal Jacket with the awesome Gunnery Sergeant Hartman where he is yelling at the privates,especially Pvt Pyle. :shock:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1