My New Bike

rammer
rammer Posts: 252
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Sold my Planet X sl Pro and bought this.

Cube Agree GTC Race 2010 Full Ultegra
IMG_2845.jpg

Standard apart from,

Mavic Cosmic Carbone's
Pro Carbon Post
Pro Alloy Stem
Planet X Superlight Ti Saddle

Comments

• stunning bike
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    Very nice
    Where did you find this one, as I'm keeping an eye out for used cube agree

What size and height rider are you?
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm
  • rammer
    I was very lucky, my LBS was selling this on behalf of a customer he gave me there
    number and I bought it direct at a cracking price.

This one is a size 58 and I'm about 5,11' you need to go up a size with the Cubes.
  • p1tse
    Wow, how lucky
  • Didn't happen to get this from cycle surgery did you? I seen one just like this in there recently with a sold sign on it. I must say it did give me a tingle down below! :mrgreen:
  • rammer
    Nah from Webbs of Warmley in Bristol I had the same reaction.
  • have you noticed much of a difference from the Planet X?

I have a Dolan Mythos which is the same as the PX and I'm very happy with it (having only ridden steel before). Would love to know from your experience how you felt the upgrade went (to whet my appetite for when I buy a super bike).
  • rammer
    Planet X was a fantastic bike but I felt that the medium was to small for me even though I was the right height for it, I was border line but Bike science said a medium was best,who was I to argue.

The Cube fits me a bit better more of an upright position on the swept back Syntace bars and felt more comfortable on the drops, I have done century rides on both and honestly couldn't fault either bike, the Planet X is lighter but the Cube looks awesome and I love the groupset and Ultegra brakes work very well.
  • cheers - its a lovely looking bike. :)
  • p1tse
    rammer wrote:
    Nah from Webbs of Warmley in Bristol I had the same reaction.

Do they stock cubes themselves?
  • lovely bike and and the wheels look great. I had a cube before and loved it and those wheels again very nice. I would have thought a 56 cube would have fitted better and you seem to have a very short stem on there or maybe its the angle its taken? Looks great though
  • rammer
    It's a 100mm stem maybe short but I have an odd body shape!