Help with New Pads for My Bianchi Via Nirone

thegodplato
thegodplato Posts: 319
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
Was wondering if I need to buy specific pads for the Standard calipers that are on a Bianchi Via Nirone. I believe they are their own branded Reparta Corse ( or however its spelt! ). I've just tried some BBB Techstop from Ribble and they don't fit. The screw that goes through the slot in the caliper is too big.
Any ideas ?
2012 Bianchi Via Nirone Xenon

960 miles in 8 days starting 6th April 2013
www.justgiving.com/teams/cyclemadness

cyclemadness.blogspot.co.uk

Comments

• g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Sounds like you have Campagnolo sized pad holders and Shimano sized callipers (or is it vice-versa)?
  • hubcap
    hubcap Posts: 163
    What's your groupset, Campag or Shimano?
  • Campag. But I was told that the calipers are their own brand after getting the new ones. I bought the campag versions of the BBB Techstop ( these - http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... bbabrbl205 ) as I thought they would be fine.
    2012 Bianchi Via Nirone Xenon

960 miles in 8 days starting 6th April 2013
    www.justgiving.com/teams/cyclemadness

cyclemadness.blogspot.co.uk
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Reparto Corse is Bianchi's own brand components - which will be rebadged OEM stuff - decent but used to bring the cost down. Lots of bike firms do it. You'll often see Tektro on otherwise Shimano kitted bikes - or Miche and Ambrosio on bikes where the rest of the group is Campag.

The callipers look the same as these on a Cannondale: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Road-Bike-Fro ... 416b9d1103
    As they've got quick-release levers on the calliper, they'll be designed to work with Shimano and SRAM kit too - so they'll no-doubt use Shimano spec bits as that's seen as the most generic option.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    My GF has a Via Nirone and hers has Shimano compatible pads.

Most LBS will let you swap if you have bought the wrong ones.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro