SKY - Pinarello next year?

Churchill123
Churchill123 Posts: 341
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Seen on another thread a link showing that Team SKY could be switching to Specialized bikes next season? - Anyone know if any truth in the rumour?

On another note does anyone know when the Rapha SKY stuff is coming out?

Cheers

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Sky will be riding Pinarello bikes in 2013.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Why do people write Sky in uppercase?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Because I thought thats how it was spelt me old son...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm not having a go, I just wonder why. Its not uppercase on the official site or anything
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I thought the rumour of them changing - possibly to Specialized - was linked to Cav. But as any fule kno he's off to OPQS.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Why do people write Sky in uppercase?
    That used be their brand, and was so in Italy until this year. All lowercase now though.
  • Specialized are doing a great job of making people think that Sky want to ride their bikes!

Sky ride who pays them the most, currently this is Pinarello, next year might be someone else.

If anyone things that a major team will ride a certain brand of bike because one of their riders 'likes' them the most then they are very much mistaken.

Money talks.
  • I know i want one of those baby Pinarellos for my daughter!
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    greentea wrote:
    I know i want one of those baby Pinarellos for my daughter!

but she doesn't!
  • Specialized are doing a great job of making people think that Sky want to ride their bikes!

Sky ride who pays them the most, currently this is Pinarello, next year might be someone else.

If anyone things that a major team will ride a certain brand of bike because one of their riders 'likes' them the most then they are very much mistaken.

Money talks.
    I think it was Stephen Roache who answered when asked "what was the best bike he had ever ridden". "The one that I'm being paid to ride at the time" or words to that effect.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    I thought the Specialized rumour was from last year and came on the back of Cav's move?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    The Sky/Specialized link was not specific to Cav and Cav's departure had nothing to do with the Spec deal not happening. AFAIK - Pinarello had the ability to extend their contract that either people hadn't picked up on, or people thought they were unlikely to exercise.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    End of the day is 1 bike really that much different to another when it gets to Elite level cycling?

Saying that never been a fan of Spesh and my last 3 bikes have been Felts.... purely vanity..... they look purdy!
  • rebs wrote:
    End of the day is 1 bike really that much different to another when it gets to Elite level cycling?

Not sure where it was, maybe that documentry on Sky Atlantic, but Wiggins talked about riding for another team, earlier in his career where the bike were not very good. I'm sure there are good an bad bikes.
  • David Millar said in his book something about loving that Garmin riding Cervelo as some teams will just take the money and ride c%^p bikes
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I can see that from the early yeas but every man and his dog seem to be able to rubble together a decent Carbon frame and the parts are all the same?

In the Pro Tour who would be riding the worst bikes? I dont mean style or looks. Just ride quality? Not many of them seem that shabby is all I'm saying.