Will 7 speed cassette fit...

Drzoidberg
Drzoidberg Posts: 122
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Can I fit 7 speed cassette onto Fulrum Red Power XL wheels with a spacer?

http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/collect ... d-power-xl

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    shimano fitting? then yes the 4.5mm spacer is needed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have a SRAM PG-730, 7-speed, 11-32t at the moment on Hardrock 2010

Would that work with the 4.5mm spacer?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is still a shimano fitting cassette so yes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Aside from the fitting, is this for an upgrade?
  • Yeah its almost the final part in "project hardrock" that I have been doing up over the last 2 years or so.

Nearly got Easton EA70xc wheel set and I knew I could pop my cassette on there just assumed I could on these. It's only after they arrived from zee Germans this afternoon it occurred to me to check. For £155 I reckon it's a bargain, have I chosen unwisely?
  • supersonic
    Oh no, for the money a good option! As part of a long term plan is worth doing - just wondered if you'd done the fork, as that first would make more of an impact.
  • Thus Far my trusty steed has....
    Fox RL 100's up front
    Easton Haven Bars
    Raceface evolve stem (not that keen but was the length and rise i was after)
    DMR something or other pedals
    Avid Juicy3 brakes (accidentally got centre lock Fulcrm wheels) so happily got some Shimano SLX rotors on the way
    Easton EA50s seat post
    Selle Italia something or other seat
    Shwalbe racing ralph/nobbys

Very excited about the wheels though will save a load of weight and make things quicker and more nimble

Then last original bit to replace is cranks n gears in the new year will be popping SRAMX7 2x10 or SLX 3x10 on there which I can probably get for 220ish all in.

Then at some point getting Superlight frame and moving all the bits over.
  • supersonic
    Looks good! Frames are decent offerings, butted tubings throughout, well worth upgrading the other parts.

The new drivetrain will shed even more weight.
  • Any thoughts on he crankset?

Really fancy 2x10 and for Shimano its gotta be XT which best deal i can find is 300+

Or Sram X7 2x10 which will be 220-240 for the bits from CRC

Leaning towards the SRAM as had that on my Trek ex7 (which was stolen - hence project hardrock) Just felt nice on the old machine