GXP / BB30

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited September 2012 in The workshop
Are they interchangeable?

Looks like my research into an alternate chainset for the Felt may have gone awry...

the bike comes with a BB30 and (although I checked) I got a GXP chainset.

I hope this doesn't have to go back :cry:
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    problem solvers do some spacers that allow BB30 bearings to be used with 24mm axle cranks.

they are about your only option.

if you had shimano cranks i would have said the KCNC BB30 to shimano crank fit BB.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I should add that it is a complete set including Bottom Bracket. I *think* all I need is the right tool to get the clamps off. I think.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • nicklouse
    I should add that it is a complete set including Bottom Bracket. I *think* all I need is the right tool to get the clamps off. I think.
    ? clamps.

oh you can also get a press fit sleeve to bond into the BB 30 to make it BSA thread only.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • clamps? Where did that come from? I meant cranks!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Thats what happens when your a CX riding perv KB, even talking bike bits you swap in your pervy bedroom/dungeon faves without thought......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • muttermutter

I'm going to have to return the chainset and get another one. Only problem is: it's £100 more expensive!!!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • nicklouse
    muttermutter

I'm going to have to return the chainset and get another one. Only problem is: it's £100 more expensive!!!
    get a shimano on and a KCNC BB30 to Shimano BB.

sorted.
  • muttermutter

IIRC you were changing it to a compact from a CX chainset? Are the pcd's different so you can't just change the rings?
  • muttermutter

IIRC you were changing it to a compact from a CX chainset? Are the pcd's different so you can't just change the rings?

Looked at that - the inner ring looks integrated to the crank :cry:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Although looking at it again makes me think I am talking crap... going to have a go in the morning.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • and that worked.

Swapped the rings over and adjusted the front mech. All sorted and I now have a compact chainset on the bike :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Now put the rings you don't want on the other crankset and sell complete and unused on Ebay.
  • fine idea - probably try the classified on here first. Thanks to all for listening to my frustration!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X