Canyon Nerve 7 or 8 vs Nukeproof Mega Comp AM

AndyHornyak
AndyHornyak Posts: 4
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what to go for for a new bike, I was looking earlier this year at the Nroco sight 2 but the new 2013 model will be £2800 and out of my price range so I'm now looking at either a Nerve 7 or 8 but I've just seen the Nukeproof at a similar price, Has anyone got any views as to which would be the better one to go for??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Canyon would probably be better spec, but I'd rather have the Nukeproof, for no real specific reason.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I've got a Nerve AM7.0, it is superb. I've never ridden the Nukeproof so can't compare it to the Canyon, but I love my Canyon.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Personally I'd have a Mega, but they're quite different to a Canyon AM. Much, much more downhill-oriented than the AM.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    If you're looking at the nukeproof as a possibility have you looked at the canyon strive. 160mm travel and a reverb as standard for £1800
  • there is another option http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FBTITEGV1/t ... everb_ccdb
    ccdb goodness
  • Can't comment on the Nukeproof Mega, but this morning just had my first ride on my new (second-hand) Nerve 7, and whoa I am still smilling...
    I am not expert but what a difference, climbs really well (really surprised by that as many people says that full sus is not as good as HT), and the going down is so much fun.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • So many choices :-) thanks for the replies :-)

The on-one does look nice I think I'll go over and have a chat to them about it as they're not too far from me, that strive is very nice but too much downhill I think and if the nuke proof is also a lot more DH than the nerve AM is looking more of a possibility as, just such a shame it's mail order only but the spec is great.
  • I was looking at both of these bikes a month or so back,along with lapierre-ended up with a cannot dale Jekyll - although not the lightest bike in the world got the 2012 model with 1k knocked off - switches between a 90mm xc machine to 150mm all rounder at the flick of a switch - super impressed with it apart from brakes - but an easy upgrade!
  • Well I've decided on the Nerve AM 8 :-) Should be with me next week :-)

Thanks for the replies
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Well I've decided on the Nerve AM 8 :-) Should be with me next week :-)

Thanks for the replies

you won't be dissapointed. a few of my mates have them, great bikes :D