Avid Elixir 1

markyboy74
markyboy74 Posts: 4
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anybody on here know if the contact point can be adjusted on the Elizir 1. I think the lever travel is too much but i'm new to mtb's and not sure if this is just normal. Friends have similar quality brakes and don't have anywhere near the same travel.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nope just use and they will settle in. move the reach adjust away from the bar and it helps speed things up then adjust as needed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    nope just use and they will settle in. move the reach adjust away from the bar and it helps speed things up then adjust as needed.

don't think the 1's have reach adjust?

IIRC you can try the trick of holding the brakes on with elastic bands and leaving it overnight.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse wrote:

don't think the 1's have reach adjust?

IIRC you can try the trick of holding the brakes on with elastic bands and leaving it overnight.
    yes they do. not come across a brake that does not.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As the Juicy's have it I'd be surprised if the Elixir don't.

I don't recall Hayes Sole have it though......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse

I don't recall Hayes Sole have it though......
    You recall wrong.
  • The Rookie
    Could well do, came on a bike, got shot ASAP......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Out of curioscity how do you adjust the reach on the models without external reach adjust?
  • The Rookie
    Small Allen grub screw at the base of the lever.