Strava calming measures

1_reaper
1_reaper Posts: 322
edited September 2012 in The cake stop
I take it strava scale down the speeds on descents as a safety liability thing as what speed strava gave and what the garmin said were far way apart. Strava saying 28.4 & garmin saying 42. Don't know how the bloke with the KoM of 34.5 got it. Must of been heavy and or powerful. Just wandered that's all

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Never seen strava do such a thing.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    1_reaper wrote:
    I take it strava scale down the speeds on descents as a safety liability thing as what speed strava gave and what the garmin said were far way apart. Strava saying 28.4 & garmin saying 42. Don't know how the bloke with the KoM of 34.5 got it. must have been heavy and or powerful. Just wandered that's all

That could almost be a confusion of kmh and mph?
    Mañana
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    So your Garmin reckons you averaged 42mph over the whole of the segment or just hit that marginally as a top speed? Certainly hasn't happened on any of the downhill segments I've done.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Nope. You've misread or misinterpreted numbers somewhere.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • Reads on the Garmin as top speed as pointed out the Strava speeds could be an average over that segment. Never thought about that :oops:
  • dw300
    1_reaper wrote:
    Reads on the Garmin as top speed as pointed out the Strava speeds could be an average over that segment. Never thought about that :oops:

If you go to the performance tab in Strava and mouseover the highest point on the speed line you can read off the speed.
    Bike Radar Strava Club
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Try this...

Go to the segment from your Ride page
    Go below the map of the segment and click on the Performance tab.
    You will then be able to see the peaks and troughs of your speed in graph form of your decent
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Go to the performance tab in Strava and mouseover the highest point on the speed line you can read off the speed.
  • Do you think going to the performance tab in strava and mousing over the highest point on the speed line will let him read off the speed?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Do you think going to the performance tab in strava and mousing over the highest point on the speed line will let him read off the speed?

Yes, at least in terms of what Strava thinks.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Do you think going to the performance tab in strava and mousing over the highest point on the speed line will let him read off the speed?

No
  • dw300
    Dabber wrote:

Yes, at least in terms of what Strava thinks.

Awwww .. combo-breaker :(
    Bike Radar Strava Club
  • Strava says 42 so figure for that segment must be average speed over that