bomber z1 freeride

adesaxo31
adesaxo31 Posts: 88
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi iv got some bomber z1 freeride 2005 they are spring with air assist and the spring is too stiff even with no air so could i just remove the spring and run the with air or am i going have to get new springs??

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sure but i would go one and one.

but before you do which verion are they as there was at least 3 that year.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'm pretty sure they the fr3 black stantion an the damper adjust is on the right if you r sitting on the bike will they still be good for doing small 2-3 foot drops ect thanks for the quick reply
  • Nick will they still be as durable with removing a spring??
  • nicklouse
    adesaxo31 wrote:
    Nick will they still be as durable with removing a spring??
    It was a common thing to d with the dirt jump frorks.

And they did make air Z150s.

You could remove both springs i you really wanted to.

How much do you weigh?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • 13.7 stone
  • nicklouse
    then i would be giving them a strip down as something is wrong if you cant get the sag out of them as standard.
  • I bought them off a friend an he put some red springs in he was about 16st an he can't find the blue ones that were in at the start
  • nicklouse
    Mmmmm have a look for some correct springs. and then change the oil back to 7.5Wt.
  • Ok nick thanks just thought it would be a cheaper option