Narrowed down to final 3!

ktm phil
ktm phil Posts: 43
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Scott Spark 30, Carbon front triangle, shimano slx £2250.00

Scott Spark 35, Carbon front triangle, SRAM X7 £1850.00

Scott Spark 40, Alloy, Shimano slx £1899.00

So, is the Shimano loads better than the SRAM, and is the 30 worth the extra dollar for the carbon AND shimano?

Need to get one of the above ordered tomorrow!!

Comments

• Is everything else on the spec absolutely equal?

Links would be helpful.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/compare ... rame_specs

TheFrom what I can see the spark 30 has a scott shock whilst the other two share a DT Swiss
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I'd go for the Spark 35, Sram works absolutely fine got it on both my bikes and it's never let me down. I wouldn't pay £400 extra for the SLX thats for sure.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Quite a few differences than just that. The suspension is different, and a few mnor bits. And it's just the shifters that are SLX, not the mechs, whicch are XT.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I am going to assume that the 30 has other better components than just shimano vs sram and say go for the best bike you can afford - I personally prefer shimano to sram anyway but whatever else is different between those bikes will probably suggest the 30 over the 35 to me. I am not going to pull up links and check for myself though. Not my job.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Not sure anyone can answer these questions...

The more expensive bike is obviously the better one. Whether it's worth spending the extra?...only you can answer that. Personally I agree with Paul - I'd get the best bike I could afford but maybe our priorities are different from yours.

Either way, I'd say the suspension is more important than Shimano vs SRAM (although we all know the answer to that don't we :wink: )
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8