Some old bloke's got a new bike.

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited September 2012 in The cake stop
615593_349893858433234_2019596090_o.jpg
You'd think he was any good! :wink:
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• Next he'll be askin' all types of "numpty" beginners questions next, and askin' am I alright to wear a world champions/yellow/pink jersey. You know the sort. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Merckx? Never heard of him.

Instead of the free travelcards they give to OAP's this country, they should give them an EMX-7's instead.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    either that or he'll be plodding around wearing a heavy woollen Molteni jersey telling you all about how when he was younger that's what everyone wore and if it was good back in those days then it's perfectly okay now!
  • Perhaps he's thinking "bloody carbon fibre, what's up with good old 531 tubing?"
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • This old bloke was going to have a custom paint job including my name on the downtube..............
    But thinking about it decided it was just a bit naff!!!!!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Looks like he's been eating too many people.....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • A devout cyclist dies and goes to heaven. Saint Peter meets him at the gate. Cyclist askes if there are bicycles in heaven. Peter says "Sure, let me show you," and leads the guy into the finest Velodrome you can imagine.

"This is great," the cyclist says. "You will love it here" says Peter. "You will be fitted a custom track bike, the mechanics will glue on fresh silks each night, and your personal masseuse is always available." As they speak a blur flys by them on the boards riding a gold plated Cinelli and the cyclist says "Wow he was fast, that must be Eddy Merck!"

"No," says Peter, "that was God, he only thinks he's Eddy".
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • i bet hes a dentist
  • he could get some decals to spell out his name....i know a guy
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    he could get some decals to spell out his name....i know a guy

:lol::lol::lol:
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Ezy_Merckx?
  • And ...how much did he pay for that..I wonder ???
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Eddy Merckx. Audi driver. Sad day
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • "Audi Dudi Eddy"
  • legend !!
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • That's a lot of spacers under the stem. Shame.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Looking for his allen key
  • rear sets folded up, no roof rack? how did he get that bike there? Or has he been for a ride and it just packing it away, if he did you would think he would try lycra? There is a hint of ronnie corbet about him now.
  • eede
    eede Posts: 58
    I think he keeps a test rider in the boot. Some ex doper who still failed as a pro......
    Friend of Herne Hill Velodrome: http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/friends/
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    rear sets folded up, no roof rack? how did he get that bike there? Or has he been for a ride and it just packing it away, if he did you would think he would try lycra? There is a hint of ronnie corbet about him now.
    That rear seat looks folded down to me. Definitely Ronny Corbett. :D
  • That's a lot of spacers under the stem. Shame.

And the bottle cages don't match.
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    He'd probably still hand me my arse.

My father-in-law-to-be used to race. He's now 70. I'm not looking forward to the first time we go out, he's still got a frame by someone unpronouncable fitted with full Chorus.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    That's a lot of spacers under the stem. Shame.

To be fair, he probably knows enough about cycling to know to set the bike up to his geometry rather than for looks though it does suggest that Eddy Merckx doesn't make bikes for Eddy Merckx!
    Faster than a tent.......