Shurrup Legs

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
Not sure if anyone lives in coventry - or why- but if they do just a heads up that Jens Voight is at the trek store on 26th - pop in and say 'awright me duck' to him

http://road.cc/content/news/66978-jens- ... -next-week
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Point of order but m'duck is a specifically East Mids colloquialism, reserved for Hinckley & beyond, spreading up through Notts and durb'shah. Anyone from Nuneaton outwards in that direction as far as Wales really is an imposter, nay a poseur masquerading as an East Mids gentleman.

Away with ye sir.
  • BRTky.jpg?1321408042
  • CiB wrote:
    Point of order but m'duck is a specifically East Mids colloquialism, reserved for Hinckley & beyond, spreading up through Notts and durb'shah. Anyone from Nuneaton outwards in that direction as far as Wales really is an imposter, nay a poseur masquerading as an East Mids gentleman.

Away with ye sir.

Sound like all they've done is add m' to the start of Stoke dialect of 'duck' as a greeting from the west side (west midlands) none of that mumbo jumbo you've put.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    All wrong it's the Erewash Valley

Citing my source and even Wikipedia although I remember an alleyway being a 'gitty' (pronounced jitty similar to jetty) not a twetchel.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm in Cov, but I'll be in work over the other side of the city at 1pm on Wednesday :(
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Take him a copy of Tyler Hamilton's book for the lolz.