Epping Forest

mb london
mb london Posts: 96
edited September 2012 in MTB general
Looking to extend my ride this Sunday morning, I normally start of in Wanstead, go around hollow pond and then make my way up to high beach through the forest, have a cup of tea and a bit cake at the tea stop and then come back. I love this ride, some great single tracks some uphill and downhill and the time works just fine.

However, I am getting a little bit bored with it as I have done it forever, so am planning on going to Epping from high beach (still through the forest) and possible jump on the tube back because of time restraints.

Anyone done this ride or have any suggestions

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I thought you couldn't take bikes on the tube unless they're folding.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    this is one from last sunday
    http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/nLUQkxll8n4
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Hi there

Me and my mates ride epping a lot, would be happy to show you what the know. But this Sunday we are going to survey hills, more then welcome to tag along.

Index me if your interested :)
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    You can't. I had to cycle from Charing Cross to St Pancras once. Needless to say, one or two wrong turnings (I don't know my way around London that well by road. Or foot for that matter!)
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    You can't. I had to cycle from Charing Cross to St Pancras once. Needless to say, one or two wrong turnings (I don't know my way around London that well by road. Or foot for that matter!)

You can on certain parts of the network that travel above ground but certainly not through zone one.

I've not tried riding further south than chingford, is it worth the effort?
  • ilovedirt wrote:

You can on certain parts of the network that travel above ground but certainly not through zone one.

I've not tried riding further south than chingford, is it worth the effort?

You can get all the way down through Walthamstow to Leyton, it's not hugely exciting but there's plenty of tracks to explore and some of them get quite nippy.

I found a load of little jumps behind the travelodge on Oak Hill last night that were quite good fun.