My PX Nano HM

xii153
xii153 Posts: 14
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Just finished the build on my bike, took it for a spin over the weekend and pretty impressed thus far. Hits the scales at 6.49kg with pedals and climbs REALLY well. Think I'm finished with it now don't want to mess about with anymore just enjoy the last bit of decent weather before the turbo trainer season starts.

Chainset, FD and RD bought on here.

Build List

PX NL HM F+F
Campy Record 10spd Groupset
Recon 12-25 lightweight cassette
Wheelsmith Gigantex 50mm Tubs - Grey Reynolds 46 Decals (i like them)
3T Doric LTD seatpost
3T Ergosum LTD Bars
3T Pro ARX stem
Look Keo 2 Max Carbon Pedals
Fizik Pave CX Saddle (comfy)
PX CNC Brakes
Tufo S33 Special Tubs
Garmin 310XT with Speed/Cadence

7997155987_8fa87745f3_z.jpg

7997155841_6a1da31802_z.jpg

7997161528_b1cf31ec8f_z.jpg

7997161700_759643d1fb_z.jpg

7997161352_70e3ece535_z.jpg

7997160846_473c3b1348_z.jpg

7997154497_fa8a74339e_z.jpg

Comments

• Nice bike & build, I was looking for one of these and they were out of stock so I went for a RT-57. Love Planet X frames.
  • They don't seem to sell the Nano-light HM anymore, you can sell get the Nano-light though. How do you find the 57? They do look nice, I think the geometry is quite relaxed but they are awesome value for money. Just need to get a winter bike now, can't bring myself to ride this any year round.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Lovely wardrobes and yellow door. Nice bike also... :D
  • Nice bike, but you may want to sort your handlebars out :lol:
  • The RT-57 was my first foray with a carbon bike it came with full Sram Red, I must say I like it, Ive changed quite a few parts eg stem & seatpost to KCNC ones and put on a selle italia saddle and 3T ergosum bars as well. Went to Tuscany in May on it plenty of climbing done and this weekend did 110 mile on it on Saturday. Really pleased with it and I would recommend it as a first carbon bike.
  • Nice build, but you do know that re-badging wheels as something more expensive is second only to doping ? :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Nice colour coordination with the 3T finishing kit :)
  • Well, three things

1. Not being a pro-racer (much like yourself) I don't use performance enhancing drugs and if I did I would ask for my money back with my recent performances they wouldn't be working.

2. If I was a richer man I would have bought Reynolds 46s, however I am bereft of a bank balance of that magnitude.

3. I like them and they looked proper tonk plain (although they usually look nice on other people's bikes - go figure)

But thank you for your opinion.
  • xii153 wrote:
    Well, three things

1. Not being a pro-racer (much like yourself) I don't use performance enhancing drugs and if I did I would ask for my money back with my recent performances they wouldn't be working.

2. If I was a richer man I would have bought Reynolds 46s, however I am bereft of a bank balance of that magnitude.

3. I like them and they looked proper tonk plain (although they usually look nice on other people's bikes - go figure)

But thank you for your opinion.

Lovely bike, looks fast.

As for the wheel doping, the little wink at the end of the sentence means the posy was firmly tomgue in cheek and no offence was meant. If I did hack you off, then I apologise, no harm meant and the bike is cracking. I liked the frames in team Guru colours as well, nearly pulled the trigger on one myself.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • No offence taken. I love the Guru frames they are really nice. To be honest I am thinking of getting a Canyon CF frame and switching over all the kit, either that or Campag SR EPS. Decisions, decisions.
  • looks great that does well done. Where did you get the name stickers from are they the flandria ones on ebay?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    peeked again. still a nice bike.
  • looks great that does well done. Where did you get the name stickers from are they the flandria ones on ebay?

They are yes, they're quite good and have lived through some horrendous weather when I have been caught short in the rain, stand up to plenty of cleaning as well.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I guess you never use the drops?

Impressively lightweight build though.
    More problems but still living....