sizes?

padlock3000
padlock3000 Posts: 15
edited September 2012 in MTB beginners
hey there guys.jus got back into trail riding after 12 year break.short and sweet this one.how do i find out the sizes of my stem,headset and seat tube incase i need upgrade and are handlebars all the same diameter?.bin onto the norco website and cant find anything about sizes or measurements.thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Usually says on the parts, or simply measure them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Is it a new bike? If so don't worry about 'upgrading' and ride it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Usually listed on manufacturers website...
  • cooldad wrote:
    Is it a new bike? If so don't worry about 'upgrading' and ride it.
    yeah its 2 months old but jus want to know for future reference.the time will come eventually. :)
  • Usually listed on manufacturers website...
    i looked m8 but without any luck.all they list is the components and no sizes.one of the guys says measure myself but isnt that risky and not very accurate? :? i read about one fella havin trouble to find the right size seat clamp bolt for his norco after over tightening his and cracking it.you'd think that all the information you needed would be one click away but its never that simple is it.:lol: :twisted:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Seat clamps come in three common sizes, 28.6, 31.8 and 34.9. Same with front mechs. Easy to measure with verniers, or a good ruler. (and using a bit of maths).

Bars are easy to measure. But you might not want the same width. Same with stems. Diameter of bar at the clamp is 25.4 or 31.8. If you replace both together, no probs anyhow. Headset - will say what type it is on it, and on the bearings.
  • what bike is it?
  • what bike is it?
    its a 2012 norco nitro 6.2.its in the my mountain bike section in the forums on the first page. :)
  • supersonic wrote:
    Seat clamps come in three common sizes, 28.6, 31.8 and 34.9. Same with front mechs. Easy to measure with verniers, or a good ruler. (and using a bit of maths).

Bars are easy to measure. But you might not want the same width. Same with stems. Diameter of bar at the clamp is 25.4 or 31.8. If you replace both together, no probs anyhow. Headset - will say what type it is on it, and on the bearings.
    thanks m8.sounds simple enough. :)