Nuclear Blast Essex

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited September 2012 in XC and Enduro

Comments

• Yes, I am doing the 4hr, not really sure what to expect from the event.
  • VWsurfbum
    Nor me, thats why i'm doing it really. its 5 minutes from my house so it would be rude not to i suppose!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Indeed it would be, so do you know the trails that are going to be used? There is a video on the site and it looks like there is a bit of river riding!
  • VWsurfbum
    Its private land so never ridden there, thats why i am intrigued, especially being so close.
    The river crossings are giving me a headache about tyre choice. It will be dry on the ground for all the rest of the track, but the water crossings and climbs out of the crossings will be slippery as hell?
    So there's another thought, normally use clips for racing, where as if your on and off the bike in slippery mud, may have to use flats?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • The wet sections will be so short...a couple of meters, it wont be anything to worry about. I am just going for hardpack tyres
  • VWsurfbum
    I'm thinking RaceKing front, Smallblock rear?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Just changed my tyres to full on dry tyres, and then the heavens opened! Grr
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • I'm doing this event :) First event I have ever entered. A mate of mine twisted my arm!
    Only going for the 2 hour though as my fitness is not anywhere near good enough for 4 hours straight!
    I will be running Rapid Robs front and rear. Never run them before so this should be interesting. Got an email saying that the course should be dry and fast.
    Look out for the Cow patterned top :lol:
    "Riding never gets any easier... you just get quicker"
  • VWsurfbum
    Ill be in the 2hr race too, look for the carbon disabled bike, or the red porsche with the odd looking bike rack!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • This thread quiet not many msg riders on it!
    Have a gooden tomorrow
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • VWsurfbum
    Cheers spence
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • I'll be there! I'll have my Specialized Storms - mud tyres that went on last November, and due to conditions at my local woods they were never removed this summer! Not the best choice I know, but I can't be ar sed to change...

I'll be on a Whyte T120 (with mud tyres) if anyone wants to say hello!

Good luck folks!
  • Thought this was a good course! all 2 laps that I managed to do (including a pre-ride :( )
    Now in the market for a new drive side crank as the pedal thread has been stripped and I am not hardcore enough to cycle one footed! :shock:
    "Riding never gets any easier... you just get quicker"
  • VWsurfbum
    cracking course, I loved it
    you only had one crank arm, I only had one fork leg! :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • C0LL0
    C0LL0 Posts: 271
    the course was a little more technical than I had hoped for, I need to get my skills advance massivly if I'm going to get much better. still manged 5th in old gits 4 hour though.
  • VWsurfbum
    Well done, it was technical, just the way I like it
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • technical
    Was it looked like a lot of ploughed fields and couple of small bridges.
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • VWsurfbum
    IhateDNS wrote:
    technical
    Was it looked like a lot of ploughed fields and couple of small bridges.
    you dont know! you drank tea and ate biscuits!

any way cheers for the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7s62U82 ... U6iFcZU7ow
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty