2012 Reba RL poplock 100mm advice

Oh Marone
Oh Marone Posts: 261
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, have searched the shock manual,FAQ, youtube videos and a search on google etc as well as SRAM but can't find any info on setting up the forks. Information overload over the last few weeks so maybe I am blind...

Got a new bike (Radon team 6) and if I sit on the bike I have between 15-20% sag, varies if you bounce on it a bit and then sit on the bike again. Probably closer to 15% than 20% but it does vary a bit,box fresh so hope they will bed in a bit after a few miles.

Got a few newbie questions which hopefully you can help with.
1) How do I set the correct sag which I think should be 20%, is the correct sag just a matter of finding the correct pressure for my weight? Guessing I weigh about 90-100kg but have no idea, need to find a set of scales to check.
2) As these are dual air forks should I have the same pressure in the positive and negative? Did see a post for some SID's which said to put 10% less pressure in the negative, although they were 2008 spec forks if I remember correctly.

Any other set up tips or general advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Start here: viewtopic.php?f=40073&t=12629675

Set the air pressures the same to start in your forks, and work up or down to get sag right.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Nice one, that helps alot. Any tips for preload? Think I will get a few miles on the bike and then start having a tweak with the pressure's.
    First job for the weekend is to try and swap over the brake lines from the euro set up (Shimano AM 505). If that goes well plan to go for its maiden voyage on Sunday.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Preload? Air forks don't do preload, only +ive and -ive pressures. If you mean that - there should be a sticker on the back of the left leg of the fork (or is it right?) check against there and start with that as a guide.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.