Questioning my sanity for charity! (warning begging topic)

mgmidget1500
mgmidget1500 Posts: 12
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
Sorry for the intrusion (I only usually lurk here), but next Friday, myself and two friends (along with 53 other teams) will be starting (what is for us) an epic bike ride from Luxembourg into Germany and finally finishing at the Palace of Versailles on Sunday evening. This is 500 miles of cycling split between the three of us.

I am sure we will be scalped many times on our ride (there is 19,000 feet of climbing on the first day, so I suspect I shall get dropped more than once).

If you would like to support us in our little adventure, please visit our Just Giving Page. We are raising money for the Sue Ryder Hospice at Moggerhanger near Bedford.

We will also be raising money for the challenge organisers charities which are Willen Hospice - Milton Keynes, The East Anglian Air Ambulance and The St John's Ambulance - Bucks & MK.

If you feel you would like to support us, we would be very grateful. Just click on the link http://www.justgiving.com/plf2
"Enjoy yourself. These are the good old days you're going to miss in the years ahead."

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Enjoy the ride and have a great time! You'll love it.
  • Thanks, I'm sure we will enjoy it. It is very well organised (so reasonable hotels and a dinner on the last night) they event is in its tenth year and they hope to pass the million pound mark in funds raised for charity by this event.

Oh and congratulations on your ride recently.
    "Enjoy yourself. These are the good old days you're going to miss in the years ahead."