Help with Switz cycle please

jongibsta
jongibsta Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hello all,

I and a friend are set to travel to Geneva this Saturday and have 6 days to cycling to Mulhouse, France for our return journey by train to the UK.

We are probably look to cycle between 50-75 a day but are cautious because of the terrain.

Our first day is set to take us around the Geneva lake to Luccanne where are staying a night at a friends. From here we have no idea where to go in the 5 days left and what is unmissable on the way to Mulhouse. We have loads of time to get to Mulhouse and would like to see the countryside and hopefully stay in some affordable B&B.

Please if anyone knows of any great routes this side of Switzerland or even France and any recommended places to stay which wont bust the bank then please please let me know.

Thank you for your time

John

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    http://www.veloland.ch/en/welcome.cfm

More routes than you can shake a stick at.

Places in Switzerland that won't break the bank -that's a tougher one.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Following the Swiss Jura route would be a good start.

In my neck of the woods, you could also try and take in the Schelten pass and Passwang, which are worthy climbs in the Jura south east of Basel. At the top of Passwang is the Alpenblick cafe, which as it's name suggests on a clear day gives you a nice view. Worth a stop there for some apricot tart with cream.

gorges du pichoux south east of Delemont is very nice cycling too.