7-8 day UK tour suggestions

ed_209
ed_209 Posts: 17
edited September 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hello
A last minute change of plans means that I'm thinking of going off for a week long bike ride next week. I'm planning on staying in B&Bs in order to save carrying too much and this should allow me to comforably manage 60-90 miles a day.

I'm looking for any suggestions for areas that are worth a visit. My only previous experience like this is from Glasgow (where I'm based) to Nottingham. The best part of that trip was around Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales and so I'm thinking of revisiting there. I have a tentative 4 day route from Scottish borders to the Yorkshire Dales then across to North York Moors sketched out.

Any and all suggestions are welcome - either for a wholly different week-long route or else for 3-4 days going onwards from the North York Moors.

Eddie

Comments

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    From Glasgow you've got every option available really. Either up the west coast, or across the Cairngorms and down into Northumberland and along Hadrian's Wall and into the Lake Disrict.
    The world's your oyster I'd say, without having to travel far to get somewhere scenic. Just stick a pin in a map and take it from there :lol:
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    With all that fantastic West Coast scenery on your doorstep I'm surprised you have to ask.

And Dumfries & Galloway is perfect for touring too.
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.