Hurting myself for charity

nweststeyn
nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
some may call this bad form...

some may say it's cheeky...

some will say it's out of order and I should keep my gob shut...

But I have agreed to do anything I can to raise as much as possible and that includes hassling all of you, SO:

Me and my fiance and her brother in law are leaving next saturday morning to ride from the bottom to the top of Scotland in 5 days. 120 miles first day, and 100 miles everyday thereafter. This would be easy for a lot of you, I'm sure, but it's going to be the hardest thing I've ever done.

If any of you would like to donate, you can do so through our website: http://www.cyclescotland2012.co.uk where I will be writing a diary day to day.

Thanksssssss

Oh and here's a picture of a pretty lady to make this on-topic for the forum.

sexylady_298949.jpg

More pics for every donation ;) C'mon Aggie, Cleat & co.

THANNNNNKKKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• nweststeyn
    More pics of me riding my bike available

httpthejudasrideorgwp-contentuploads200808girojpg-girl-sexy-bicycle-nOPE-nOT-nUDEZ-Pic12-about-me_large.jpg
  • I will- i'd give it just for making me smile at your ad in the classifieds - just give us some time to sort things out - oh and I really do need to see a munter on a bike. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nweststeyn
    Who'll donate more? ARGH ITS LIKE A LOTTERY...
  • nweststeyn
    lizhatch.jpg
  • nweststeyn
    For Cleats eyes only....

fat_woman_on_bike%20%282%29.jpg
  • nweststeyn
    Aw come on I gave you a legs spread picture of the stern looking Liz Hatch to sweeten the deal!
  • nweststeyn
    attachment.php?attachmentid=80914&stc=1&d=1342348836
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    For pure comic value you've earned a £20 donation, but I want to see the GPS data including HR and Cadence data before I hand over my electronic cash! :D
  • nweststeyn
    GPS tracking will be found at the conveniently titled URL: http://www.cyclescotland2012.co.uk

;)

THANKS!
  • Gizmodo
    As your fiancée is better looking than you and is raising money for a cancer charity (close to my heart) I have donated enough to take her over her target value.

Now, NO more munters :!:

:wink:
  • nweststeyn
    I hereby pledge to post no more munters. Thank you so much Gizmodo, you are a kind and gracious individual and we are hugely grateful!
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    I will donate £10 if you do one of the following:-

1. Go onto pro-race and start a thread entitled 'Are Sportives proper races?'
    2. Update your linkedin page job title to 'Monkey Bummer' for a whole hour
    3. Take a photo of your testicles and post it in the 'For Sale' section.
  • nweststeyn
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12871883

Option 2 would have probably been easier as nobody looks at my LinkedIn but this seemed more fun.
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    fair enough guv. £10 on it's way
  • nweststeyn
    Awesome! What good people you are!
  • nweststeyn
    Go on rest of you... Donate a fiver and feel dead warm and fuzzy about yourselves! Heres a pic to get you going...

amazing-ass1.jpg
  • nweststeyn
    OKAY JUST ABOUT TO LEAVE GUYS THANKS GUYS BYE GUYS!
  • Good luck. I'll pop some money your way next week. heres an image to keep you going.

remember - reach for the stars.

fat-woman-exercising.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nweststeyn
    Hey guys.

Day 3 completed. We rode 112 miles on day one. 110 miles on day two.

Today, we set off for day 3 and after 22 miles this happened:

framefail.jpg

Great.

Going up a small hill, no more than 5%, and suddenly a cracking sound and back wheel jammed up. Turns out the chainstay had split vertically and it's game over for my bike.

A very generous friend has let me use his bike to finish the week on but I lost 6 hours of riding time today to go and pick it up. Managed to ride part of the route this evening so as it stands I'm only 25 miles off being on target but it's been a frustrating and disheartening day. Back in the game now though with a bike thats not made of plastic. I'll never trust carbon again.

Keep me motivated by donating... please :)
  • nweststeyn
    WERE FINISHED!!!

Read here: www.cyclescotland2012.co.uk
    Donate here: www.justgiving.com/teams/cyclescotland2012

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Gizmodo
    nweststeyn wrote:
    WERE FINISHED!!!

Read here: http://www.cyclescotland2012.co.uk
    Donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/teams/cyclescotland2012

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Congratulations, I'm in Dundee next week, I'll buy you a pint at The Capital Asset, Perth, Tuesday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    Vesterberg wrote:
    I will donate £10 if you do one of the following:-

1. Go onto pro-race and start a thread entitled 'Are Sportives proper races?'
    2. Update your linkedin page job title to 'Monkey Bummer' for a whole hour
    3. Take a photo of your testicles and post it in the 'For Sale' section.

I did no. 1 and it so seriously pissed the pro-racers off it got bumped to cake stop. I am trying desperately to think of a thread that I can post in pro-race just to p1ss 'em off. They seem easy to upset:
    Communters and pro-racers are like wheelbarrows, difficult to push and dead easy to upset.

Nwestyn bloke, question: why should I pay a masochist money for inflicting pain on oneself when as a masochist, you will 'enjoy' it anyway?!?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nweststeyn
    Now I'm finished I can say...

I ruined my frame and am now bikeless, which is NOT enjoyable. You should donate because it will go to a charity who help to provide support for people who need it and it would be a very nice thing to do and you will enjoy donating it ;)

www.justgiving.com/teams/cyclescotland2012
  • pinno
    I am stony broke. I have minus 1200 squid in the bank with an o/d facility of 1500 and road tax to pay for. I work with people with mental health problems everyday, just peruse my website done kindly by Gizmodo: www.stranraerrecycling.org.uk . Well done on what you did and my aplogies for not donating but I am doing my bit too and as such don't feel guilty for not donating.
    Send me the frame and I will try to fix it if you like. I fixed my Wilier when it had a split down the seatpost tube and its still A ok after 600 miles on Scottish 3rd world roads, though i do realise that the chainstay is a little more critical. You have nothing to loose !
  • nweststeyn
    I wasn't really trying to make you feel guilty :D I've just taken the 'cheeky' approach to fundraising but this has now come to an end as I've managed to bore most people I know by now!

The frame is going away to Chain Reaction for 'inspection' soon so hopefully a replacement will be provided under warranty!

Last week showed me you have some great roads around your parts! I shall return for some more riding soon :)
  • pinno
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I wasn't really trying to make you feel guilty :D I've just taken the 'cheeky' approach to fundraising but this has now come to an end as I've managed to bore most people I know by now!

The frame is going away to Chain Reaction for 'inspection' soon so hopefully a replacement will be provided under warranty!

Last week showed me you have some great roads around your parts! I shall return for some more riding soon :)

You were over my way and you didn't give me a shout ?!? Miserable b@stard. :D

Cheeky approach is good. When I raised funds for MacMillan Cancer Relief by doing the Cal Etape, the first reaction to 'Do you want to sponsor me?' was a huge audible sigh. Link to the ad Cleat mentioned please.
  • nweststeyn wrote:
    lizhatch.jpg

I AM IN LOVE!!!!