Paramo Gear.

Dandelionclock30
Dandelionclock30 Posts: 306
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Im thinking about getting a paramo light waterproof smock for genral use such as biking, hillwalking, camping etc. Has anybody had any of their stuff? and was it any good?

Comments

• hobbo31
    hobbo31 Posts: 107
    Never used it for biking. but use them for hiking first class, check Go outdoors for price's
    Giant Trance X1 2008
    Gary Fisher Cobia 29er 2010
    Ribble Road Bike
    Giant XTC Composite 29er 2012
    Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0 2015
  • Cheers for that. On the bay of the fleas you can get seconds from the factory for about 1/2 price. Im not bothered if a button or something is missing or something has a slight scuff!
  • I have a paramo smock off of ebay, turned up and I have scoured it to find out why it was a 2nd and still can't see.
  • bjj.andy.w
    bjj.andy.w Posts: 111
    Got several items of paramo. Namely the quito and feura jackets and the velez pants. Fantastic pieces of kit imo.
    When you go to the ground you are in my world. My world is the ocean. I am the shark and most people don't know how to swim
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Mate of mine has one for skiing - he loves it and says its very waterproof and warm - they look too warm to bike in to me but I dont have one and havent tried it and dont know what flavours they come in!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • I have two Velez adventure smocks and some Torres trousers, the adventure smocks are perfect for biking, my only niggle is that you have to constantly reproof them, but its not the end of the world! One of the smocks is a second off ebay and I have no idea where the fault is. One thing I would point out is not to buy the light versions for biking, my mate had one had a small fall and ripped the should apart, the light stuff is just not durable enough for on the bike.
    Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........
  • Its the Paramo Ladies Velez Adventure Light Smock Waterproof Jacket Coat Im looking at. It looks fairly light and I want it also for walking, camping, general things like going to the river with my boat etc.
    Every single waterpooof I've got can be warm when cycling and I've got North Face really light waterpoof,Mountain Equiptment,Altura etc.
    I think Im going to get it and if its too hot for the bike,then it can be worn for other things.
    Also what do people recon to Merino T shirts-I saw one in a cycling shop yesterday and it felt really light and soft.But it was £44.00! I could do with a decent wicking top as mine are all really old now.
  • There are some differences between the 'light' and the 'adventure' versions, other than fabric weight. The Analogy liner is the same for both so I'm not sure whether the 'light' would be noticably cooler. The hood on the 'light' version just rolls up and is secured by a Velcro tab, whilst the hood on the 'adventure' version rolls into the collar with press studs to close it away. Similarly, the cuff closures are different; I prefer the adventure versions. I would try to look at both side by side before you decide, if not, give a Paramo dealer a call and ask about the smaller design differences. The eBay 2nds have often only been used for photo shoots or demos so they may not have any faults at all; from what I've seen, they are pretty honest about the type of fault associated with each item for sale.

Atb

Mark
  • Thanks all for your replies. Very informative.
  • Another great feature that paramo has is the lifetime garantee you get. My wife's 2yr old cascarda pants stitching came apart in the crotch area. Phoned paramo up and they said to send them in. A week later they were returned repaired, cleaned and re proofed. They looked brand new.
    When you go to the ground you are in my world. My world is the ocean. I am the shark and most people don't know how to swim
  • bjj.andy.w wrote:
    Another great feature that paramo has is the lifetime garantee you get. My wife's 2yr old cascarda pants stitching came apart in the crotch area.
    avatar_quagmire_rrdadBs.sized.jpg

They guarantee that your wife's crotch gets so much action that it comes apart at the seams? wow!
  • bjj.andy.w wrote:
    They looked brand new.

But did they feel brand new?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bjj.andy.w wrote:
    They looked brand new.

But did they feel brand new?
    No, they'd already been broken in :wink: :twisted: