Thieving S*unk Bubble

paul.skibum
paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
edited September 2012 in The Crudcatcher
So I live in a quiet area at the best of times, in summer my house has no passing traffic, isnt visible from the road much and is just a lovely quiet spot.

I generally lock my doors and secure my stuff but today as I left for work I realised my Camelback was hanging outside the house (drying from a leaky bladder (its not mine)). I considered moving it but running a bit late and it just being my sweat stained old Mule I didn't both.

Get home tonight and its gone.

it is 10 years old, holds a 5 year old top peak pump, a slightly broken multitool, a chain breaker a few assorted spares, a small maglite and my 30 year old swiss army knife and a spare tube - value to anyone else? Fuck all. Value to me - $200 or thereabouts?

I would very much like to murder the tea leaf.
Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    You can have it back for $500 and a bag of haribo.
  • So turns out that today the local electric company were at my house installing a new meter - the meter sits one side of the door to my apartment, my bag was hanging on a hook the other side of the door to my apartment.

So the only person likely to have been near it is the guy who changed the meter - WTF?
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Perhaps he's put it in a safe place for you? Back of his van, next to the string and limes maybe?
  • If I were you, I'd be phoning the electricity board and complain that your brand new Mule with brand new equipment in it was stolen from your property by the electric man, so either they can send you a cheque, or get in touch with the bloke that installed it who can return what he took.

Hopefully the latter, so then you can leave him in a ditch with all the obvious necessaries.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • I have the details of their authorised contractor who I shall be discussing the matter with later.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I have the details of their authorised contractor who I shall be discussing the matter with later.

I think you should be a cop, the evidence you have pinning it on this chap is amazing.
  • If you knew where I lived you would know why I have few doubts.

I am willing to accept that he accidentally picked it up while clearing up, I just want it back. Although I just bought a Dakine pack to replace the Mule.