shimano xt m780 crank arm bolts

rob_g_clarkson
rob_g_clarkson Posts: 65
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
help....

i've tried looking, but alas i'm easily confused!

can anyone tell me where i can buy the arm bolts for my shimano xt m780 crank, as i've managed to round both of mine off..... i'm a cack-handed fool you see :roll: :oops:

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Check tech doc for type, enter into Google.
  • top man, thanks ;)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Word to the wise, try and get a decent set of allen keys as well, check out the Halfords Professional range, for example.
    Cheap allen keys are (almost) always a false economy.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Word to the wise, try and get a decent set of allen keys as well, check out the Halfords Professional range, for example.

Theres a seller on ebay selling Bondhus Gorilla folding Allen key sets for £5 plus £2 postage which is a bargain.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    halfords do bolts that fit well, not made of cheese! and pro hex bit that is "tight fit" in the hex part of the bolt head
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    stubs wrote:

Theres a seller on ebay selling Bondhus Gorilla folding Allen key sets for £5 plus £2 postage which is a bargain.
    surely they're fake or stolen at that price.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    stubs wrote:

surely they're fake or stolen at that price.

I thought that myself but the seller seems okay he has plenty of feedback. Thinking of buying one I reckon its worth £7 to find out
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bondhus-7-Pce-Fold-up-Hex-Allen-Key-Set-Metric-12592-/330446428453?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4cf0245925
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap