So...

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Back from 2 weeks hols.

Has anything happened while I have been gone?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Not much really. Some race in China got cancelled. Can't think of anything else.
  • Lots of tedious Texan stuff, Phil Ligget has gone gaga; Froome has lost la Vuelta (but he might still podium); lots of people have got upset about Sky wearing Rapha next year; and there have been some other chipper races too.
  • Texan stuff you say?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Texan stuff you say?

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    im back. nuff said
  • Eurosport 2 going to HD on Monday for those super HQ pictures from Spanish tv's coverage of La Vuelta.
    Does that count? :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    Eurosport 2 going to HD on Monday for those super HQ pictures from Spanish tv's coverage of La Vuelta.

Oooh goody. I was trying to watch the Vuelta in Spain. I gave up. Rubbish pictures and commentary I didn't understand.

Which stages should I watch from Vuelta and American race? Got them all recorded.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    iainf72 wrote:
    Eurosport 2 going to HD on Monday for those super HQ pictures from Spanish tv's coverage of La Vuelta.

Oooh goody. I was trying to watch the Vuelta in Spain. I gave up. Rubbish pictures and commentary I didn't understand.

Which stages should I watch from Vuelta and American race? Got them all recorded.

Just take a look at the post counts for the threads, surely?
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    iainf72 wrote:

Watch the last 10 mins of today and yesterday's stages... that'll do ya.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • iainf72 wrote:

None of them, you don't really like bike racing...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    iainf72 wrote:

None, save some hours - look at the stage profile, if it ends on a hill J Rod won (or took a backhander to come 2nd). If it's a flat finish Sky lead Degenkolb out to a sprint victory and probably dropped one of their climbers in the process. The TT was a bit surprising though.
  • Pross

Does that mean we get the Tour of Taiwan in glorious HD from someone's iPhone footage now?
  • Pross wrote:
    None, save some hours - look at the stage profile, if it ends on a hill J Rod won (or took a backhander to come 2nd). If it's a flat finish Sky lead Degenkolb out to a sprint victory and probably dropped one of their climbers in the process. The TT was a bit surprising though.

And if Degenkolb wins, he will say "Ja" alot in the interview afterwards...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Boonen won another chipper.
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:

Is Boonen the new Sagan then? Only winning chippers?
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

And if Degenkolb wins, he will say "Ja" alot in the interview afterwards...

Not to mention doing an homage to Cav by thanking his team who 'were so strong today'.
  • Pross wrote:
    Not to mention doing an homage to Cav by thanking his team who 'were so strong today'.

Who was doing an homage to Robbie McEwen who would always thank his team after suggesting that he didn't feel very well at the start of the stage.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    iainf72 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Is Boonen the new Sagan then? Only winning chippers?
    By my reckoning Marcel Kittel is the current King of Chips - Il Chippissimo
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Re the Vuelta:

stage 12: last 3km
    stage 11: TT highlights
    stage 10: sprint
    stage 9: last 6km
    stage 8: great last climb
    stage 7: just a sprint
    stage 6: last 1.5hrs or so, good end climb
    stage 5: just a sprint
    stage 4: decent last hour. crash right at front of peloton led to superb echelons
    stage 3: last 10km or so
    stage 2: sprint
    stage 1: TTT...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Valverde made a visit to the Sky bus to lecture them on sportsmanship and fair play*, which was amusing

tumblr_m95q262h2r1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

*We also learned that the Spanish have no phrase of their own for 'fair play' and have to use the English term.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    Valverde made a visit to the Sky bus to lecture them on sportsmanship and fair play*, which was amusing

tumblr_m95q262h2r1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

*We also learned that the Spanish have no phrase of their own for 'fair play' and have to use the English term.

Did he say "Now Chris, I know you've been thrown off a grand Tour for cheating before...."?
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Meh, he fronted up ... Better than hiding behind the morning papers ...

Not his biggest fan but at least he's entertaining me ... It's only telly after all ...
  • And we discovered that Daniel Craig is bringing out a new bicycle

http://vimeo.com/48071362
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I was wondering where Iainf had gone to..glad to see he's back.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546
    I think Iainf should go on holiday more often because the past 2 weeks have seen the most interesting GT racing for years.
  • Alan A wrote:
    I think Iainf should go on holiday more often because the past 2 weeks have seen the most interesting GT racing for years.

Interesting, is there a connection here. Where all these races in fact very exciting and we all just listened to Iain a bit too much? :wink:
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Alan A wrote:

Iain is Michele Ferrari and ICMFP
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Pross
    Alan A wrote:

Interesting, is there a connection here. Where all these races in fact very exciting and we all just listened to Iain a bit too much? :wink:

Nah, the pros just know when he's away and do it on purpose.