Autumn Gloves

carbon337
carbon337 Posts: 414
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
Due to the recent fall in temperature - recommend me some gloves.

I was looking at those cheap planet x ones - any alternatives. I may opt for the defeet luminius ones though.

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Liner gloves (e.g. the silk ones Decathlon do for about a fiver) under mitts are perfect for Autumn and early Spring.
    More problems but still living....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Decathlon do some cheapish autumn gloves that aren't too bad, not for winter riding you understand, but sept/oct riding, fine ..
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    carbon337 wrote:

I was looking at those cheap planet x ones - any alternatives. I may opt for the defeet luminius ones though.

If ordering these, a word of advice - the sizing is well off. I ordered a small based on the size chart and they were about 25mm smaller than advertised. I then ordered a M/L, still too small. Again, came up smaller than the advertised size chart (about 15mm) I'm returning them today in the hope the XL will fit.

Have emailed PX about this and they are looking into it. They're sending the new ones with no postage costs.

The gloves themselves seem really good quality. Not sure how they perform though. My Missus is keeping the 'S' pair for running, so not all bad.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I just pulled my Castelli lightness gloves from the bottom of the cupboard
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Defeet wool ones, perfect for this morning at 9 degrees over the top of my mitts for about halfway to work
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    carbon337 wrote:

I really (really) like the PX gloves. I think they class them as winter gloves, but I personally find that they are not warm enough for me in the winter. As for sizing, my first pair were medium/large and the second pair XL. I think I am usually a large, but the large for me - the fingers are a little short.

I have a very large selection of gloves, but the PX gloves are my favourite. I will still buy a replacement pair from PX if they were £30 tbh

They have last pretty well, unlike my various pairs of fingerless gloves that seem to have fallen apart over the summer. Off topic I know, but recommendations for fingerless gloves that last would be useful. Currently have 'Prologue Short Finger Gloves' and they are lovely, but have fallen to bits in a couple of months!
    Simon
  • Think i'll get duragloves only question is , black, white or neon?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    carbon337 wrote:
    Think i'll get duragloves only question is , black, white or neon?

Seriously, can't you make that decision yourself :?: Or buy all 3.
  • I have these and love them.

Over the mitts when it's a bit nippy and under the winter gloves as an extra layer when it's proper cold.