Scott CR1 Pro

daveyruthers
daveyruthers Posts: 129
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
My LBS is selling the above bike for £1700. Just wondering if anyone has one and what they are like?
Bianchi Via Nirone
Focus Izalco Pro 2.0

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Loads of reviews on here and all over the interwebs on the CR1. The verdict is that it's a solid yet comfortable bike that's perfect for those that want to hammer out the miles in a more comfortable position. Think more slightly more aggressive and stiffer Roubaix.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • markshaw77
    markshaw77 Posts: 437
    I have had the CR1 Team for 3 years now (since the first year of the latest redesign) and absolutely love it. Have upgraded everything bar the frame and seatpost and it still feels fantastic. I ride mainly social, club and sportives - no racing - and it excels at this sort of riding

I would buy another in a heartbeat.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    markshaw77 wrote:
    I have had the CR1 Team for 3 years now (since the first year of the latest redesign) and absolutely love it. Have upgraded everything bar the frame and seatpost and it still feels fantastic. I ride mainly social, club and sportives - no racing - and it excels at this sort of riding

I would buy another in a heartbeat.

So you actually have a totally different bike with a CR1 frame :D
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Have you bought it yet? If not get down there and buy before anyone else does, I bought last years model in the sale, absolute bargain, Scott are going with the same frame for 2013 without any changes, same frame was used in this years Paris-roubaix, so they can't be bad, as you can probably tell, I love mine, comfortable but fast, not too upright either( I'm an oldie by the way, but still find it great to ride) let us know if you take the plunge...
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Mickyg88 wrote:
    Have you bought it yet? If not get down there and buy before anyone else does, I bought last years model in the sale, absolute bargain, Scott are going with the same frame for 2013 without any changes, same frame was used in this years Paris-roubaix, so they can't be bad, as you can probably tell, I love mine, comfortable but fast, not too upright either( I'm an oldie by the way, but still find it great to ride) let us know if you take the plunge...

Nah, they used CR1 SL frame. costs twice as much.