Bontrager inform RXL

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Have the chance to buy a Bonti Inform RXL hollow Ti railed saddle at a good price (£40 - new) I know it's nominally a road saddle, but will it stand up to the rigours of XC use (less worried about trail centres like Cannock as I don't sit down very much) opinions?
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Adotparker
    Adotparker Posts: 128
    nice sturdy saddle
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    My Evoke Carbon has held up admirably, far better than anything Spesh or Selle Italia that I've used previously.
  • The Rookie
    I'm on a Spoon Cro-Mo at the moment, a 'feel' suggests the Bonti will be a similar experience for the posterior.

Thanks for the input, think I'll risk it for that money.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    It won't break just because it says 'road' on it.

As always the issue is whether it fits your backside, if it does then go for it.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • The Rookie
    I was just concerned out how durable hollow ti (are regular solid? I really don't know!) rails would be, don't want to bust it the first time I hit a bump!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Most ti rails are hollow. Some saddles are more fragile (I've snapped several Toupes), but you'll be fine on that.
  • The Rookie
    Great, trust your advice so will be picking it up in an hour while they still have some left, if anyone else wants one for £40 plus P&P (no profit to me) let me know!