Thursday Morning Thread....

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Winter is on its way. It's getting darker now, and I'm getting grumpier. I think I may need one of these S.A.D. light thingies.
More of the same old shizzle today, nothing exciting happening at work, nothing exciting happening out of work.

That's about it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Nuthin' to see here. Nuthin' at all. Keep movin' on. Thanking you.

Onwards. To coffee. And wherever it is you're supposed to be.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning all,

Patiently awaiting the arrival of a few paid contracts, which will be used to purchase half the Apple Store once it is here, and get my other company up and running finally! Other than that, today is a flow chart day, woo fricken hoo. Nothing interesting at all other than one short meeting, which at least gets me out of the office. Enjoy your day guys and gals!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Today will be a fun day :roll: I've promised to help my (perfectly healthy) grandmother in the garden. In return I shall be getting lunch cooked for me, (win)

The issue arrises when you take into account she's a fucking nutter, completely and utterly loopy, so far this year (if you believe her) she's had 17 strokes, several bouts of cancer, broken her back, broken her arm, has "constant pain" in the stomach and I can't even remember what else but generally 4 or 5 different problems a week.

She goes to the doctors and if you believe her she's been told "she's not got long left" or "not to walk too far" and that "if she goes out after November it'll be icey and she'll slip, fall and break her back" (her excuse for getting rid of the old dog).

The really weird bit comes when you actually take her to the doctors yourself, normally she doesn't let you go in with her, but last time the doctor insists someone come with her and told her there's absolutely nothing wrong with her and she should stop wasting his time :lol: She then said he didn't know what he was talking about because he was "coloured" to put it nicely :roll:

Anyway, enough about the nutcase, following my visit there I'll be fettling I imagine, then maybe riding bikes or playing playbox.

Laters
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    well hello there scrotel sacks,

got up "early doors" to sneak a wee ride in but managed to wake kid no 2 up by sneezing, and now he wants come with me,he's 4 and only has a scooter. :roll:

anyhoo working tonight , so other than my little ride in a bit, im in search of 18650 type batteries ?,(other than flea bay, where else will sell them.), as ive bought a torch/front light from flea bay that needs em, and then back to the land of nod for a few hrs after a pork themed breakfast/dinner....

laters and have fun in all you do today,
  • castlelad wrote:
    im in search of 18650 type batteries ?,(other than flea bay, where else will sell them.)
    Amazon is your friend.
    EDIT: Or Deal Extreme
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Cockjanglers,
    Got a very busy day today with potential for all to go tits up and not in a good way.

I went out on my own last night for a ride around the local trails, new light on, bluetooth headphones on, good tunes, empty trails. its what makes you realise how much people get in the way of enjoying yourself.

Anyway, feeling a bit tired as got woken up through the night by a neighbor starting up his car, letting his dogs run around barking at anything and everything and waking my dog up who then was barking at his stupid little dogs! :evil:

Right onwards to pretend work!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    meh
    kisses
    FoxC
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning reprobates,

In todays news:
    Local trail sabotaged, rider taken down by an electrical cable that had been put across the trail at a height to stop the front wheel and throw the rider. He went down hard and required 30 stitches. This was on the Powerline at Chopwell so if you ride there keep a look out. Police and FC taking this very seriously so if you see anything report it.

Also, a friend of mine Pete Dunning wants your money:
    http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-news ... -31712921/

Anyhoo, onwards to work meh.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Alright...

Went & did a time trial on my mtb last night, it was a friend's birthday so we decided to invade the local roadies TT en mass... lots of disapproving looks, mainly as we'd all been out riding the night before and our bikes were covered in sh1t...

I think its carved in stone in the roadie book of rules, "thy bike should always been in showroom condition and thou must avoid dirt at all costs"

Needless to say we were slooooow, but we were riding proper bikes and didn't have those hats shaped like an obvious...

Today is full of jobs that you have put off for a long time, but now cannot avoid...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Morning homos!

So I arrived home at around 1am after having to take a massive detour due to the main road to my house being knee deep in water. I then find that our garage has flooded. Imagine my joy!

Back at work today, absolutely knackered. Must go get something done.

Laters.