Cipollini

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,137
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Some of you will have already seen this advert for Cipollini bikes - even by Mario's standards it's utterly over the top (and seven minutes long).

http://vimeo.com/48071362

(via Inner Ring)
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Angel1
    Angel1 Posts: 55
    The baddies should have employed Cav to catch him. Cipo has improved his technique though
  • sjacob33
    sjacob33 Posts: 38
    Sorry but thats just cool I'm a big fan of bond movies though. The blokes down in the bottom bracket would probably appreciate it as well
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    That man can do nothing wrong. Legend.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    You mean dirty Pavorotti?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Angel1 wrote:
    The baddies should have employed Cav to catch him. Cipo has improved his technique though

I bet Cancellara was his stand in for the descending.

Everything you'd expect from Cipo. completely over the top and totally awesome.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    LoL, will watch this later.

They must have to sell an awful lot of bikes to cover that cost. Personally I have never seen a FV on the road so I guess it is all Italian...

cipo+2.jpg
    cipo+3.jpg
    cipo+4.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • KentS
    KentS Posts: 240
    Haha great! I want a Cipollini-bike!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    He's just doing it because he fancies being bond for the day.

Don't we all?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244

Don't we all?

Not especially.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

Don't we all?

Not especially.

I can't view the youtube link at work but I refuse to believe that any man wouldn't fancy spending the day shooting guns, saving the planet from evil villains and finishing it all off with a couple of Martinis and sex with a beautiful woman.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Yellow Peril

Don't we all?

Not especially.

I can't view the youtube link at work but I refuse to believe that any man wouldn't fancy spending the day shooting guns, saving the planet from evil villains and finishing it all off with a couple of Martinis and sex with a beautiful woman.

You are Swiss Tony. I claim my £5
    @JaunePeril

• They must've edited out the enormous lead out train needed to deliver him to the yacht.
  • frenchfighter
    Black socks and silver shoes. Fail.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Black socks and silver shoes. Fail.

You're out of your depth here.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Kind of bizarre comment...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kind of bizarre comment...

Frankly, I don't think anyone can criticise Mario Cipollini in matters of cycling style. He transcends the rules.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Kind of bizarre comment...

Frankly, I don't think anyone can criticise Mario Cipollini in matters of cycling style. He transcends the rules.

Is the correct answer.
  • frenchfighter
    Got it. He was more garish than stylish - its different. Also since his retirement I've seen some frankly very failing photos of him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Got it. He was more garish than stylish - its different. Also since his retirement I've seen some frankly very failing photos of him.

He combined the two effortlessly.

His branded shorts are awful though. They feel cheap.

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Got it. He was more garish than stylish - its different. Also since his retirement I've seen some frankly very failing photos of him.

So do I when I imagine being his bird swept up by the man himself in his dinner suit as he swoops into my room...I'll get my coat.
    @JaunePeril

• IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423

So do I when I imagine being his bird swept up by the man himself in his dinner suit as he swoops into my room...I'll get my coat.

Brilliant! :lol::lol:

Think that puts any of FF comments firmly in place :wink: Now why can't I achieve the same appeal as Cipo???
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Good bit of silly fun but wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call from MGM's lawyers if he didn't get approval!

Was the 'Bond Girl' his wife? I suspect he'll be exiled from Italy now though after using a Porsche rather than a Ferrari or Lambo! :shock:
  • Yellow Peril
    I watched the credits and she had the same surname. Having said that everything in his life is so f*cking awesome it was probably his mother.
    @JaunePeril

• jswba
    jswba Posts: 491

It's not an advert. It's a documentary of a typical day in Cipo's life. It is 100% accurate too: at no point does Cipo cycle uphill.
  • Yellow Peril
    jswba wrote:

It's not an advert. It's a documentary of a typical day in Cipo's life. It is 100% accurate too: at no point does Cipo cycle uphill.

Priceless :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    @JaunePeril

• skylla
    skylla Posts: 758

Cheap he said. Not 'cheep'.

~sorry~
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Haha all pro riders should look like Cippo.

At least the bike is better than the TT offering of a few months back.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • This is more like it:

cipo+1.jpg
    cipo+2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest